Vegas - Aug 14

I'm heading to Vegas for 5 days with my son to celebrate his 21st birthday.

I've tried searching here but tapatalk blows harder than Bfillmaff.

Flying out of Detroit cuz me. Is there a motel near the airport that will let me leave my car for the duration that anyone can vouch for?

We will play a bit of poker down there but my son isn't a fanatic plus I suck so looking for recommendations for other stuff like shows and restaurants. I know restaurant info was posted not long ago. Links?

So far I think we will shoot big guns and either drive race cars or do the canyon helicopter tour. If anyone has done either of these last 2, I'm looking for recommendations.

Thanks in advance. And sorry Andrew.

I will be sure to post about the bums and crack whores once I'm released.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Comments

• Have you been before?

I posted a lengthy TR on my first trip earlier this year somewhere on these forums. On tapatalk so don't have any links handy.

Restaurant recommendation is def Ellis Island.

Play a small amount on it while receiving free beer.

Print discount voucher at machines.

Profit.
    Don't have much else to offer, Mirage volcano, Bellagio fountains. Some fish tank if I recall at Mandalay Bay.

Enjoy and GL!
  • http://detroit.parksleepfly.com

We usually use the Days Inn.

For helo rides search travelzoo.

Absinthe is the best show in Vegas.

Ellis Island bbq - bbq restaurant is at the back near sports book. There can be a wait so get on list first then get player card.

Hash house a go go in whatever they call Imperial Palace now.

Burgr in Planet Hollywood, again your total rewards card will get you a discount in both. Usually a wait but worth it.
  • Dream racing at the Las vegas speedway. amazing..... put it in the google machine.

The Gun store shooting range. If you can pick your instructor ask for the female army chick with the short light color hair. she was way more into helping you shoot better compared to most of the guys that just stand behind you and make sure you don't kill anyone.

Absinthe as mentioned above is the nuts.

if you want a cheep cirque de solil style show go see le reve at the wynn. not a bad seat in the house and a really great show.

will post more later
  • I liked all the restaurants that were recommended by Las Vegas residents gobboboy and Lizzy Harrison:
    Delmonico Steakhouse, Bachi Burger (best burger), Chada Thai & Wine, Tofu Hut, etc.
    pkrfce9 wrote: »
    I know restaurant info was posted not long ago. Links?
  • enjoy the trip, you bastard.

which gun place are you going to? we had a great experience with battlefield vegas - and they will pick you up in a hum vee.

as for other ideas, this is pricey but I can't think of anything that looks more awesome. definitely on the "someday" list for me:

Sky Combat Ace | Ultimate Extreme Adventure | 888-494-5850
    [video] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RXR5YQrplQ[/video]
  • Thanks for the tips guys.

I have been many times. First time for my son.

• Booked Days Inn by DTW through Hotels.com. thanks for the tip Mr Moose.

• What is the hotel booking tip? Would love to know any for the next trip.

Edit: moose's car rental tip using Costco travel was the nuts btw.
  • Did the hotels.com show that it included the parking?

detroit.parksleepfly.com is the tip if you want to stay n fly through Detroit. The Days Inn is literally across the street from the airport and your car is always waiting for you in the parking lot when you return. I haven't booked for a few years because we can usually get free rooms at Caesars Windsor (15 min door to door from Windsor to Detroit). Airlines Parking is what I use for just parking. There is an internet coupon on their website but CAA is cheapest.
  • moose wrote: »
    Did the hotels.com show that it included the parking?

detroit.parksleepfly.com is the tip if you want to stay n fly through Detroit. The Days Inn is literally across the street from the airport and your car is always waiting for you in the parking lot when you return. I haven't booked for a few years because we can usually get free rooms at Caesars Windsor (15 min door to door from Windsor to Detroit). Airlines Parking is what I use for just parking. There is an internet coupon on their website but CAA is cheapest.

It didn't show on the website so I called to confirm. I didn't want to risk any delay at the border for this trip.

• Days Inn is a dump.

[X] swam in Caesars pool
    [X] ate at Ellis Island - delish
    [X] Battlefield Vegas was fun
    [X] win Harrahs nightly tourney
    [X] Hot as balls

• enjoy....

Did you take Jr. to the chicken ranch ?

Did Jr. take you to the chicken ranch ?
  • Ya. No. 😉

• Ok so we got free buffet vouchers from total rewards. What's the best place to use these for any meal. TIA.

• Caesars, but I doubt they are good for there.

Next Rio, but I doubt you want to shuttle it.

Paris or Planet Hollywood
  • Thanks. Went to le village. It is really good but a bit crowded

• Absinthe was the nuts!

Did big ferris wheel after. Amazing views.

Flamingo buffet is meh but unlimited mimosas and bloody Marys = profit. Still here 😵