WSOP Senior Structure

I played in the WSOP Senior tournament last week (along with Buddy, who I finally had a chance to meet). I busted out a bit before the dinner break, which was pretty disappointing after managing to cash last year (cheap plug for me :)). I had a chance to chat with Buddy about the Senior structure, which we both agreed sucks compared to last year. In my view the Senior effectively becomes a shove/fold game rather than a poker game way too early. Unless you've managed to triple up by the 5th or 6th level you're pretty much playing desperation poker, unlike last year, which offered much more play without having to get extremely lucky early on. I don't think I'll bother with the WSOP at all next year unless they improve the structure significantly. Both the Venetian and Wynn seniors are much better tournaments.

Comments

• DirtArse said the same thing about never playing the WSOP <= $1,000 Events with their comparatively faster structures and only 5K chips, while even the Binion's $250 Seniors had 40,000 chips! :O I'll play WSOP Seniors next year only if I cash in the earlier Seniors Events.

Seniors/EDC Week can be crazy expensive, so if anybody is interested in sharing a house (with swimming pool or other amenities) once the schedules are released, please let me know. A couple of friends wanted to go at the last minute, but prices had already skyrocketed on all the summer weekends. Almost all the people I know went busto or lost money in Lost Wages this summer and some want to exchange for more US dollars from me, so managing expenses and avoiding -EV games including 30%-taxed open events are important for those who are serious about making a profit in Vegas instead of just spending for entertainment.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk