Two Day Tourney, 5 hands left

There are 34 players left in the last Day 1 flight of a 2-day tournament.

Blinds are $1200 / $2400 (300) and my stack size is $175k, table is 8 handed

They have just announced that we are playing 5 more hands then it is on to day 2

UTG, I am dealt 9-9 and raise to 5k

UTG+1 calls, button calls, and BB calls - pot is $20k ish

Flop is A-Q-9 rainbow and I lead out for $13k - UTG+1 calls (he has me covered), everyone else folds

Turn is a K -

I lead out for $20k and UTG+1 goes all in

What do you do ?

Comments

• call, then figure out what to do with all the free time you're gonna have the next day
  • UTG+1 has a bunch of AQ AJ KQ combos here, (AK if he's super tight), realistically you only lose to J10 and weird slowplayed queens which would suck but you do beat hands here. The betsizing instincively tells me that he doesn't want to see more cards which could also mean AQ KQ if he's normal and J10 if he's a coward. It's not a fun call but I'd probably get it in here

Edit: maybe not AJ, but I would include a little bit of spazz equity at the end of long day tournaments
  • Did the turn bring a flush draw?

The pot on the turn is about 48k with antes and the sb, imo your size should be a bit on the bigger side here 30-35k.
    Given how it was played his jam is pretty big with TJ, most people would make it 55-60k with tj, I would call.
    I really doubt opponent has qq-kk-aa, specially at the end of the night its highly unlikely that he would slow play it.
  • I would call, especially if UTG+1 is sn1perb0y just trying to bully with his multiple Day 1 satellite wins. :wink2:
  • Whats the relevance of the fact that theres 5 hands left before the day ends? Don't think that makes any difference at all, because you're not playing it differently regardless.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Whats the relevance of the fact that theres 5 hands left before the day ends? Don't think that makes any difference at all, because you're not playing it differently regardless.
    The other guy might be playing it differently. If he already has a big stack going into day 2.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Whats the relevance of the fact that theres 5 hands left before the day ends? Don't think that makes any difference at all, because you're not playing it differently regardless.

Also people are going to be on the cautious side and won't make some random play with a good size stack, obviously this varies among players.
  • Any reads? Readless, don't think I can ever fold but I apparently routinely punt stacks nearing end of day 1s now.
  • I appreciate all the comments so far. Not that the result matters but he did have J-Tos for the straight. I just didn't think he would ship his stack with the nuts.