Royal Cup, do we resurrect it?

Is there enough interest? Team captains? April 9/16/23 potential dates? I'm not going to beg for teams anymore, if you want it I'll organize, if not well then...

Comments

• Loose Moose in.
  • Between Bfillmaff, Trigs and myself, I'm sure we can get a Hammer Team together.
  • HBK's will have something together.

Mark
  • What dates should I pursue?
  • I would say the 9th, as WSOP Montreal and WPT Playground are around April 23
  • KitWho? will attempt to field a Team
  • Just heard back from the venue, the only Saturdays available in April are the 9th and 30th and the 30th is out for both g2 and I.
  • Thanks for the efforts Jeff.
    Now its up to the Captains and forum to try to put some teams together.
    D
  • I am going to try to put together a Niagara based team.
  • May 7, Mar 26?
  • moose wrote: »
    May 7, Mar 26?

May 7th is not likely to work as golf season will be going for sure. Mar 26 is coming quick, they may be able to free up Apr 2nd for us, if so would that work better? Venue will confirm later this week.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Between Bfillmaff, Trigs and myself, I'm sure we can get a Hammer Team together.

Willing to debase myself, if you need a body. That said, if the Grinders return, I would prefer to play there.
  • I would be out on the 2nd
  • What was the problem with April 9th?
  • moose wrote: »
    I would be out on the 2nd
    Big Mike wrote: »
    What was the problem with April 9th?

g2 has difficulties for the 9th as well as we are likely to lose players to Dave's, now if the 2nd is out we are on thin ice.. No comments from the negative nilly pkrfce please...
  • Thanks Jeff. I'll keep my eye on this thread for a date or scrap.
  • Mar 26 would work for me
    Apr 2 works
    Apr 9 would be fine, I would just wanna leave pretty quick at the end
    May 7 no
  • March 26 is Easter.
  • LEts just go for the 9th and be done with it. Hell, I'll drive g2 where ever it is he needs to be afterwards.
  • I have received resistance to running the Royal against the Holt Tour.

Easter weekend doesn't seem smart-March 25
    No Moose Loose on April 2nd
    Holts Tour on the 9th...

And I don't see 8 teams jumping on here and commenting that they'll be there regardless of the date.

I hope that you enjoy the trip down to FLA Jeff and thanks for looking into this, but, personally I don't see the Royal being brought back to life.

I'll keep track of the thread as said earlier.
  • postpone to later date? does it have to be march/april?
  • trigs wrote: »
    postpone to later date? does it have to be march/april?

Given that the venue is a Golf course, they welcome us more during their off season. Hence the recent October/march/April type dates for the Royal.
  • I will run a singles event rather than a team event.
  • I could also run it as a doubles event with 16 pairs. (4 tables of 8).
  • I haven't been around long enough to to really have a say,

But I think every possible effort should be made to keep this thing going. It's not only tradition but is fun as hell.

Logistics of organizing 64 people aren't ever going to be easy, and maybe it goes down to once a year... but why give up on it. From my understanding were talking about one event cancelled due to a heart attack and one event with some schedule conflicts... no big deal.

Anyway, in my opinion if we can't do this one let's start talking October so we don't fuck that one up too!

(Ya grumpy old bastards!)
  • I am also of the opinion that we did don't run against Dave's event either, he had that date first and we have always tried to avoid conflicting with each other before. Given the difficulties with picking a date now, let's put it off until the fall and try again.