Unlimited Home Internet

Okay, my techie friends..
I currently have Bell Internet and pay like 55 bucks a month for 40GB's. Want to get unlimited Internet and they want another 10 per month. And now I have the time to switch..

I'm sure there is a plan out there that is better and I assume , easy switch?

Thanks in advance!

Hobbes? Moose? Beanie? Comp??

Comments

• Probably not going to be able to help as I have Cogeco where I am and 55+10 for unlimited sounds pretty good to me. It will depend on who you have available in your area. What download speed do you get with your package and is it bundled with other services?
  • Looking to move from Rogers to TekSavvy myself.

Heard good things about them and I know DrTyOre has them.
  • 55 d/l and 400 gigs a month that i have never gone over.

$60.

You would likely do fine with the 35 d/l for the same price at 400 gigs, but if 40 has been working, 150 gigs is $47. What speed are you at now?

Mark
  • I use acanac.com They use bell lines so you would get the same speed as Bell. To get the best price, you prepay a year at a time. Likely your bell modem would work but if you have to return it to bell then you can get your own for about $20 at Canada Computers. My plan is $36/month unlimited.
  • primus has unlimited data for a decent price.
  • You should be able to find a small ISP offering unlimited with decent d/l speeds for less...

Just be prepared for ungodly bad customer service when something doesn't work... not that the big guys are close to good!
  • Just upgraded to unlimited 100/10 with Rogers.

Probably overkill for your purpose but here's a speed test brag:

4975013817.png
  • Wow beats my work even.
  • Bfillmaff wrote: »
    Just upgraded to unlimited 100/10 with Rogers.

4975013817.png

Cant remember the rules, but I think a post with the terms "Hamilton" and "brag" in it garnishes ban hammer.
  • I suppose the actual speed is slightly less in Hamilton; a lot of the bandwidth gets used up by homeless people stealing wifi signals
  • Bfillmaff wrote: »
    Just upgraded to unlimited 100/10 with Rogers.

4975013817.png

FYI this plan is on promo right now, $65 per month 2 year term.

Internet Promotions | Rogers