Few 1/2 NL hands

So I recently got into cash games and have been doing fairly well at it so I thought I'd post a few big hands I was involved in and see if you guys would have played them differently.

Note: I play for fun, I drink while playing so on a few of those hands I had a wee bit too much to drink!

Hand 1 :

Mid position with 88
UTG limps, player next to him who's uber tight but on tilt raises to 15$, I call, BB calls and UTG also calls.

Note: I've seen UTG+1 Fold AKs preflop in 3$ tournaments where the only thing you can win is points...

Flop : K J 8 rainbow

BB checks, UTG checks, UTG immediatly goes All-in.

He has about 800$ and I have 400$ish
Had it been any other player on the table, I instant call, him... I had to pause and think for a little while.

Do you call? Play it differently?

Hand # 2 :

AJo mid position, fairly late, it's my birthday and I'm wasted. I have 400$ in front of me, there's a raise from UTG to 18$, I call, everyone else folds.

Flop : J 6 J rainbow

I check, he bets 30, I raise to 100 he calls

Turn is Q

I fire 100, he pushes all-in

Call/fold here?

Hand # 3

On the BB with 45d

4 limpers so I simply check

Flop is

2d 3d jd

I bet 15$ UTG calls so do the other 2 players

Turn 6h

I check, UTG bets 40$, one guy calls

All in, call, fold here?

Just for a treat, I always buy in for 160$ and play until close or until I bust (Up 1300 in the past 2 months, it's only on Friday nights)

Last Friday, after dropping to 120$ I get QQ about 8-9 hands in, there's a raise from mid position to 15$ followed by 2 calls, I raise to 32$, the original raiser thinks, and pushes all in, folds to me.

I've been there 11 minutes.... what the fuck. I know the guy, I took about 500$ off him a few weeks ago and he's not the smartest player. I call, he shows AKo , K on the flop and I'm on my way home! I'm not too worried about it, I like the call just funny that my night lasted 11 minutes.

Comments

• Hand # 1,
    I break my wrists calling. You can never fold a set on that board.
    Why would he shove ? What hands shove in that spot, with only $70 in the pot ?
    I would put him on AA, AK trying to protect his hand from draws. If he has KK or JJ, good for him for makgin a very -EV play on the flop by shoving, as he is folding out all the hands that would pay him off except sets.

Hand# 2
    You got the flop you wanted by playing AJos - You cannot fold trips here

Hand# 3
    It all depends on stack sizes, you need to figure out how to get it all in by the river, unless another diamond hits the river that's not the 6d.
  • Agree with dj, hands 1 and 2 play themselves.

In hand 3 how much did UTG and the caller have?

edit: the real mistake was not reloading!!
    InsaneGuy wrote: »
    he's not the smartest player
    InsaneGuy wrote: »
    K on the flop and I'm on my way home!
  • Only read hand 1 and 2. Sry. TLDR. Hand one, as DJ said, you need to be Phil hellmuth'ing your chips in the middle b4 he does. Hand 2, I actually fold AJo in mp against a pretty big utg raise. I'd actually rather call 18 here with 9,10s 10,Js etc type hands, not AJ. Reads aside of course.

Edit: stack sizes hand 3?
  • Precision on hand #3 : After the flop I had 150ish , he had 300ish

Hand 1 , I called he had AK, A on the turn blank on river (whew)
    Hand 2 , I called he had QQ, oh well
    Hand 3 , he had 23o, oh well

And not reloading was the mistake, that player ended up losing 1300$ that night, crap!
  • InsaneGuy wrote: »
    So I recently got into cash games and have been doing fairly well at it so I thought I'd post a few big hands I was involved in and see if you guys would have played them differently.

Note: I play for fun, I drink while playing so on a few of those hands I had a wee bit too much to drink!

Hand 1 :

Mid position with 88
    UTG limps, player next to him who's uber tight but on tilt raises to 15$, I call, BB calls and UTG also calls.

Note: I've seen UTG+1 Fold AKs preflop in 3$ tournaments where the only thing you can win is points...

Flop : K J 8 rainbow

BB checks, UTG checks, UTG immediatly goes All-in.

He has about 800$ and I have 400$ish
    Had it been any other player on the table, I instant call, him... I had to pause and think for a little while.

Do you call? Play it differently?

Hand # 2 :

AJo mid position, fairly late, it's my birthday and I'm wasted. I have 400$ in front of me, there's a raise from UTG to 18$, I call, everyone else folds.

Flop : J 6 J rainbow

I check, he bets 30, I raise to 100 he calls

Turn is Q

I fire 100, he pushes all-in

Call/fold here?

Hand # 3

On the BB with 45d

4 limpers so I simply check

Flop is

2d 3d jd

I bet 15$ UTG calls so do the other 2 players

Turn 6h

I check, UTG bets 40$, one guy calls

All in, call, fold here?

Just for a treat, I always buy in for 160$ and play until close or until I bust (Up 1300 in the past 2 months, it's only on Friday nights)

Last Friday, after dropping to 120$ I get QQ about 8-9 hands in, there's a raise from mid position to 15$ followed by 2 calls, I raise to 32$, the original raiser thinks, and pushes all in, folds to me.

I've been there 11 minutes.... what the fuck. I know the guy, I took about 500$ off him a few weeks ago and he's not the smartest player. I call, he shows AKo , K on the flop and I'm on my way home! I'm not too worried about it, I like the call just funny that my night lasted 11 minutes.

Hand 1 is an easy fold from middle position pre flop for me, as well as AJo from the middle, especially against an under the gun range (player dependant) however since you are in, I don't think there is any folding either with what you hit. With hand three, I call the bet and see the river, hoping that there is no more diamonds, and call a reasonable sized river bet with my baby flush. Unless I spike a miracle redraw diamond. Then it's check raise all in.
  • Post one hand at a time you will get more in depth responses. Many people don't like reading 3 hh's in a row let alone analyzing them.

Hand one is the easiest call I ever did make, without the nuts. On a side note even if utg+1 was on tilt if he was dealt KK or JJ that tilt would start to dissipate and once he flopped a set and he would be really focusing on the hand to the point where the tilt won't be affecting him that much. Well in my at least in my experience that's what KK and top set do for ya. So imo theirs a slightly less chance he had JJ or KK unless he was leveling and trying to act like he was on tilt.

Anyways I thought this was 6max, I'm not versed in FR so I'm really shouldn't be giving any advice.But I will say this if utg+1 had KK or JJ he's a level one thinker.If he didn't he's probably still a level one thinker. His thought process:I have the nuts all-in! Really use it against him. If he did have a set next time he overbets the flop or any street for that matter assuming you have a good idea of how his range is constructed tank fold. Make him think you didn't know he had the nuts. Or alternatively snap fold and show him a set,perhaps throw in a needle and send him off to tilt town. Both have merit.
    Hand 1 is an easy fold from middle position pre flop for me, as well as AJo from the middle, especially against an under the gun range (player dependant) however since you are in, I don't think there is any folding either with what you hit. With hand three, I call the bet and see the river, hoping that there is no more diamonds, and call a reasonable sized river bet with my baby flush. Unless I spike a miracle redraw diamond. Then it's check raise all in.

I don't play FR are you really throwing away 88 200BBs? I'd imagine others would tag along with worse pocket pairs giving you implied odds. Are you worried about getting squeezed,reverse implied?
  • Hand 1 I play through like you did, and call the All-in

Hand 2 I check, call the flop. I think by raising you're playing your hand too face up (the check raise you did is good for balance, so it has merit as well imo). That being said you did get called. Unfortunate for you that he hit one of his miracle cards, but I don't think anyone is folding trips with an Ace kicker in that spot.

Hand 3 Turn shove. I really don't see much choice there.