Live .25/.50 Hand, Flopped Pair+Draw

Here's a hand that I thought was interesting from some live .25/.50 NL. Pretty sure I made a mistake later in the hand, but lets start from the flop.

Wild game. One player is driving the action, making it $7 minimum every hand, with many people seeing the flop at that price. The table dynamic has adjusted to this, making it a classic game of .25/.50/$7.

We're playing $100 Max but there are a few larger stacks, one of them is the Hero with around $300. I think we're 8 Handed at this point.

After one fold, UTG+1 is the wild player and makes it $7. We're talking wild... Really wild... He has been running over the table stealing a lot of pots - but also hitting some hands - and is sitting with around $200 or so.

First caller is playing loose but well, making some moves at the right time but has been caught a few times and has slowed down a bit. Stack is around $100-$150 I think.

Second caller has been playing tight aggressive and has had the best of it when the chips have gone in. One of the larger stacks with $300 or so at the start of the hand.

Hero is in the BB with :8d :7h and calls

Flop is :6s :8s :5h, Pot is $28.25

Hero?

Comments

• Wild man will bet so I'd probably check, and either call or raise depending on what the other players do.
  • Yeah I think check and raise is probably the line I would usually take. I should have mentioned that in this particular session Hero has checked to induce a bet from "Wild" several times, and in the most recent one Wild said something along the lines of "this guy slowplays everything, watch out!"

With 4 players in the hand and the above information still fresh, I decide to lead right out. If Wild or LAG raises I'm getting it in, if Solid raises I'm in a tough spot.

Hero bets $27, wild calls, LAG folds and solid calls.

Turn is :7d - pot is $109.75. Wild has $100 behind, and we cover Solid who has $220 or so.

Hero?
  • Bad card. Check, call i guess.
  • I was in this hand, so I won't say too much, but this is the point where I think the mistake ??? you spoke about in the opening happened. Also at this point "wild" maybe had 125-150.
  • woog30 wrote: »
    Also at this point "wild" maybe had 125-150.

$110 to be exact. But yeah, big mistake inbound!

Will see if anyone wants to comment first before I post what happened next.
  • Bfillmaff wrote: »
    UTG+1 is the wild player and makes it $7. We're talking wild... Really wild... He has been running over the table stealing a lot of pots - but also hitting some hands - and is sitting with around $200 or so.
    woog30 wrote: »
    I was in this hand, so I won't say too much, but this is the point where I think the mistake ??? you spoke about in the opening happened. Also at this point "wild" maybe had 125-150.

One guess.... Cory?
  • compuease wrote: »
    One guess.... Cory?

That was my guess too. :D
  • Oh, if it's against Cory then I fold.
  • The person will remain nameless for the sake of internet discussion.

but obviously, yeah.
  • Shoulda re-popped preflop.

I'm guessing the mistake you made is betting out - at least that is what it seems like... I would probably bet out too just to float the 7-9 thought in his head. Something here about OOP play being a thing... :P

Mark
  • Knowing Cory, I think the mistake was going all in and losing his stack to 9-4.
  • ^ heh, close.

So anyway, I do decide to ship it. I think with the stack sizes and being 3 handed on the turn this is the mistake. I'm folding out any hands that I'm ahead of and getting called by better a little too often. My thoughts during the hand were that if I check I'm getting insta-shoved and won't be able to call - which is just too painful against this particular opponent. This is still true, but with 3 in the hand I should have been more careful.

Of course folded calls, I should have known that hitting the gutshot on the turn is standard... I'm in rough shape.

Hero shows:........ :8d :7h
    Villian shows:..... :4c :3s

Board:...... :6s :8s :5h :7d

Pot is $330 and it's looking bad. I decide that the correct move at this point is to just suck out and take the pot anyway:

River:....... :7c , thanks dealer!!!!
  • Haha, zing!