Fundraiser poker

47 player fundraiser so there's a bunch of wild card players of whom I can mostly identify. I was finally not in charge of hosting a fundraiser as TD so I got the opportunity to play.

Big hand #1:

Hero has been betting a lot, somewhat aggressive. Hero plays with villain often, he's a very solid player and is currently the 2nd best player in our league.

Hero is button, villain is SB. Hero has KdJh. Hero raises 3x preflop with blinds at 100/200. Hero is 2nd biggest stack and villain is big stack.

Villain calls preflop. Flop comes AdQc10d. Villain bets just under half the pot, hero raises 2.5x. Villain calls.

Turn comes 7s. Villain checks, hero bets around half the pot. Villain calls.

River comes 5d. Villain checks.

What's your action?

Hand #2:

Hero has Ad9d. Villain is a little unknown, he knows how to play poker fine but I saw him calling large-ish bets with just top pair, no kicker and chasing draws. Hero considers him an average to below average player.

Villain calls preflop action, hero is behind villain and hero raises 3x. All folds, villain calls. Flop comes 8d 4d Jh. Villain bets 1/3 pot, hero calls. Turn comes Jd. Villain bets just under half the pot. Hero shoves. Hero is the bigger stack which puts villain all in with who has about 5x his last bet behind. Villain folds. Was this too aggressive? Should I have just called or min-raised to try to extract more on the river?