dan colman - douche or genius?

do we really not have a thread on this guy? i swear we did but i can't find it.

i'm sure you guys have heard about his refusing to be interviewed after winning $15 million in the one drop during the wsop. i'm also assuming that you heard about him and his buddy busqet wearing pro palestinian t-shirts to a televised final table they both made. maybe it's just me, but refusing to be in the spotlight one tournament, and then throwing yourself into the spotlight in the next seems a little contradictory to me.

the newest headlines are now about colman going to 2+2 and posting some crazy rant about how hellmuth is a terrible person. after some back and forth, colman admitted that he's not innocent and used to multi-account when he was younger.

this guy just seems to be the biggest douche around at the moment. his desire for the spot light coupled with his lack of desire for the spotlight simply leaves me baffled. i guess due to the fact that he's just destroying this year means he feels he can say and do whatever he wants.

douche or genius?

Colman takes aim at Ryan Riess, Apologises for Hellmuth Abuse

Comments

• helmuth IS a cancer but good tv
    colman IS a douche AND a genius but bad tv

P.S. you know...
  • I don't remember a thread about him, but I do remember him being brought up during some of the incredibly lengthy discussions the forum had with Darb in the last round.
  • I don't remember a thread about him, but I do remember him being brought up during some of the incredibly lengthy discussions the forum had with Darb in the last round.

that's probably what i was thinking about.
  • trigs wrote: »
    that's probably what i was thinking about.

Page 3.

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f6/moral-poker-32134/index3.html
  • I would have said at least part douche but reading his follow up hes OK in my books.

Never had any hate on him about the one drop stuff. Thought it was hilarious what they made out of that.

Genius no doubt, but I like that he can admit to running good in the last few.
  • Personally, I cannot bring myself to care about the thoughts of young Mr. Colman. He is undoubtedly talented, but what little I have read strikes me as being in the "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" category.

As for Hellmuth . . . well . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Personally, I cannot bring myself to care about the thoughts of young Mr. Colman. He is undoubtedly talented, but what little I have read strikes me as being in the "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" category.

As for Hellmuth . . . well . . .

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • Not a huge fan of Hellmuth myself. He's an amazing player, but acts like a three year old child when he's bad beated or out played..
  • WSOP should have it mandatory that if you play and win in an event you must do an interview, take photo taken.

Kind of like if you win the lottery...
  • I thought PLO was a game played with four cards.
  • JimmyHo wrote: »
    I thought PLO was a game played with four cards.
    I'm never disappointed with your ability to cut to the heart of the matter.

Well done, sir.