MTTs - Circle of Life

there was a thread somewhere that this was a topic but i can't find it so i'll just post this article here.

Circle of Life, Circle of Death: Depletion and Replenishment in Multi-Table Tournaments | PokerNews

Comments

• Its a great find, I read it a couple of time, I think it's a very small piece of a bigger puzzle, but that author is definitely spelling out some good concepts about the overall economy of the game.

This one (from the same writer) would stir up a lot of debate I would think.:
    An Analysis of the

They are both connected, I think the link in the OP is embedded in a part of economic discussion that people will rarely agree on. One aspect of it that is interesting is what are the factors that cause "replenishment" of spent players. There is a lot to talk about but the easiest and obvious factor is a good external (real life, global) economy.

About the payout with the double bubble, the argument is that everyone gets a paid a little more, more people are happy. It might be to speed up the bubble as well. These things seem to tend to the entertainment side of the game, but there is always the worry they hurt the integrity in the "profitable" sense.

I think there is probably the argument that these players will spend more money at the events creating a better poker environment. But in that case I think they should adjust the rake from the old payout structure to the new, because it causes the money to be "re-raked".
  • Add in a 30% tax rate and almost everyone is a big loser.
  • Add in a 30% tax rate and almost everyone is a big loser.
    This and those paying out 50% etc to backers