My $7 spin n go challenge

I figured it was time to track this semi accurately. I'm going to play 100 games and report the results. Then if I can beat the insane lottery rake maybe I'll do a bap and maybe at a higher level.

I'm doing this on a Windows tablet low budget affair so I'm just going to take screen shots for tracking.

Today was a terrible start.

2x$28 - 1 win
13x14 - 2 wins 😠
1x4 - accidental registration but I won!

The 28s should run once for every 4 14s and the 70s should run once for every 9 14s so this was a bit below expectation. I expect to win around 4 out of every 10 so below expectation on 2 counts. Small sample size. Stay tuned.

Net for the afternoon - down $46

Net for challenge - down $46

Comments

• 3x$28 - 1 win
    16x$14 - 6 wins

Net for the session - down $21

Net for the challenge - down $67

My win rate is about expected. I think I can do a bit better and squeeze out one or two more wins.

I'd say we're getting screwed on the spins tho. The implied rake is insanely high for a no skill lottery. I would have expected to see one or more 70s by now and at least a couple more 28s. But it is still a very small sample and I DID hit a $720 on the $3 lottery before I started this challenge.

I'm a patient man. Up to a point :)

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    3x$28 - 1 win
    16x$14 - 6 wins

Net for the session - down $21

Net for the challenge - down $67

My win rate is about expected. I think I can do a bit better and squeeze out one or two more wins.

I'd say we're getting screwed on the spins tho. The implied rake is insanely high for a no skill lottery. I would have expected to see one or more 70s by now and at least a couple more 28s. But it is still a very small sample and I DID hit a $720 on the $3 lottery before I started this challenge.

I'm a patient man. Up to a point :)

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU

From the math you have played 61 games?

Since the odds of hitting a $70 are 1 in 100, it's pretty easy not to see a $70 yet :)

You have also seen 5 $28s with a probability of hitting 1 in 18 so (61 / 18 ) = 3.3 and you have seen 5 (running hot in $28s :)

It's going to be a long road..

Also EV is pretty important in them you might want to track that if you ever want to make a BAP, would be hard to invest in someone that doesn't have any results on EV in a game where u can run 100 buyins over/under in EV in a couple days. :)

Just saying you are def not getting screwing and seeing more higher than expected numbers than you should see..

Just a heads when you are playing hypers making marginal mistakes (being off be like 2bb to nash or example) will be the difference between being a winning and losing player in them in the long run. It's a really sick game..

GLGLGL
  • was playing one at a time last night (as i was doing other things at the same time and didn't want to be forced to concentrate too much). is it more likely to get a big multiplier when playing multiple tables at a time? when i was playing two or four at a time i was getting bigger multipliers occasionally. last night i went at least ten straight at only 2x buy-in. boo!
  • Tcarnage wrote: »
    From the math you have played 61 games?

Since the odds of hitting a $70 are 1 in 100, it's pretty easy not to see a $70 yet :)

You have also seen 5 $28s with a probability of hitting 1 in 18 so (61 / 18 ) = 3.3 and you have seen 5 (running hot in $28s :)

It's going to be a long road..

Also EV is pretty important in them you might want to track that if you ever want to make a BAP, would be hard to invest in someone that doesn't have any results on EV in a game where u can run 100 buyins over/under in EV in a couple days. :)

Just saying you are def not getting screwing and seeing more higher than expected numbers than you should see..

Just a heads when you are playing hypers making marginal mistakes (being off be like 2bb to nash or example) will be the difference between being a winning and losing player in them in the long run. It's a really sick game..

GLGLGL

thanks for the feedback.

you are right about the 70s. I still haven't seen one tho...

I should have said 42s instead of 70s. I haven't seen one yet! wtf stars? I should have seen a few by now?

last night was another shit show. the tablet almost hit the wall. then I won a few in a row but still lost for the night. either I suck at short stack poker or luck or spinning or all three.

what's the best way to track EV?
  • I got in 4 sngs last night with the same guy. I got sucked out on in each one and watched the same guy win all four, including a 42 where I got four flushed. :riggedobv
  • moose wrote: »
    I got in 4 sngs last night with the same guy. I got sucked out on in each one and watched the same guy win all four, including a 42 where I got four flushed. :riggedobv
    Oh was that YOU? Sorry
  • I recall my attempt at hyperturbos a few years back...the variance is crushing as is the rigging
  • I dreamt last night I won $5.5 million playing these, including $2 million from pokerJah.

Does that count?
  • Pokerjah is history
  • wrong thread
  • Pokerjah busto
  • Ok I just finished my 100 sng challenge for myself. It was mostly $7 sng, though once I accidentally registered for 4 $1 sngs and the daily challenges won me a ticket for a $1 sng which I won for $2.

So total net, I lost $44. I also got 250 vpps which gets me halfway to silverstar.

77 $14
    10 $28
    13 $42

I won 30 of these so if I had managed to catch lucky and get some of the higher value sngs, I might have finished ahead. Statistically, on ave I should have won better than 33/100 so I guess a monkey shoving every hand would have done better than me. Sigh.

Also I repeatedly had computer troubles during about 4 sets of four that probably cost me several wins so probably if I repeat this challenge I should do better.

Personal evaluation: it's like crack watching the numbers spin and then disappointment when you 'hit' 4 $14 sngs at once. This happened 8 times out of 25, including my last 3 sets of 4, which probably kept me from finishing up on the challenge.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Pokerjah busto

Yes, very busto. I had to bum a ride to the collection agency in Pkrfce's new 300S. Pics to follow for BF.

Stick to the topic at hand gentlemen.

btw, I here PJ is going to Atlantis over the holidays to help get over his financial crisis.
  • JimmyHo wrote: »
    Stick to the topic at hand gentlemen.
    Ya this, you fuckers.

I haven't tallied up the last 2 nights but I'm sure I've finished the 100 and the results are shit. The effective rake has been something on the order of 10%. No doubt stars is cheating on these spins.

I played 5x$1 at once last night to qualify for another rigged freeroll. I thought they were all $2 spins. I lost 3 of them very quickly. The frustrating thing is you don't even get to see what the bad beat was. Then I lost the 4th one and won the 5th one and realized this was for $6. Kaching ! Insta profit!
  • Completed 27 of the $1 spins. Down $1 so far
  • stars got u guys hooked and soon u gonna be sellin ur bodies for one more spin.

GL tho.

:laugh:
  • Have you seen my body? #NobodyGoonaBuyThat :D
    77 $14
    10 $28
    13 $42

I won 30 of these so if I had managed to catch lucky and get some of the higher value sngs, I might have finished ahead. Statistically, on ave I should have won better than 33/100 so I guess a monkey shoving every hand would have done better than me. Sigh.

I love the comment about the monkey! This is how I picture many of my opponents after seeing some of the plays ...

You got way more $42 games than the expected 8 but way less than the expected 18x$28s and a few more than the expected 73x$14s. In contrast I think I've only seen 1x$42! and no damn $70s for either of us 😕

Your effective rake is 9.33%, which is about 1.5% higher than expected given a fair distribution over 100 spins. Rigged obv. FU STARS! DOUBLE FU TRIGS!

I'll try to sum up my results today. I did far worse on the spins and also on the $. I just hope I can quit.
  • How can you experts play this dumb rigged spin game.It is a scam so PS can rake you guys to death.
  • only one making money from these SnGs appears to be the CPF affiliate :)
  • chaimr1924 wrote: »
    How can you experts play this dumb rigged spin game.It is a scam so PS can rake you guys to death.
    Without having to get into the math, which would take hours to explain to someone who thinks the abacus is a giant technology leap, how can you NOT play these?
    Without having to get into the math, which would take hours to explain to someone who thinks the abacus is a giant technology leap, how can you NOT play these?
    So tell me young guy how much did you win so far?I turned in my abacus before you were born?:D
  • nuffin.

turns out i haven't finished the 100 games yet.

i'm playing much worse than a monkey. i'm working on my tilt play.

i'm getting screwed on the spins. 8% over on the 14s, about right on the 28s and almost 7% under on the 42s. i won't complain about the 70s until i get to 100 games.

my effective rake so far is over 19%! FU STARS! FU CHAIMR!

fucking rigged lottery. :)
    I played 5x$1 at once last night to qualify for another rigged freeroll. I thought they were all $2 spins. I lost 3 of them very quickly. The frustrating thing is you don't even get to see what the bad beat was. Then I lost the 4th one and won the 5th one and realized this was for $6. Kaching! Insta profit!

I made a big score in the $15k all - in freeroll. Booyah mother fuckers!
  • Saw someone from Canada high on the list.
  • You won $15,000 in a freeroll?! If so, are you going to take a shot at the WPT Philippines Main Event with us?
    pkrfce9 wrote: »
    I made a big score in the $15k all - in freeroll. Booyah mother fuckers!
  • damnit... greg is playing slot machines and all-in MTT's now?

Money going right out of the poker economy.
  • It's a $15k freeroll which paid out like 10000 people, so uh, no he didn't.
    It's a $15k freeroll which paid out like 10000 people, so uh, no he didn't.

All in shoot out
    4096 paid

========================

PokerStars Tournament #996736519, No Limit Hold'em
    Freeroll
    24517 players
    $15000.00 USD added to the prize pool by PokerStars
    Total Prize Pool: $15000.00 USD
    Tournament started 2014/10/10 13:47:00 ET
    Tournament finished 2014/10/10 13:57:29 ET
    1: total_nooob (Slovakia), $1,500.00 (10%)
    2: DzmitryRezko (Belarus), $750.00 (5%)
    3: snake181985 (Greece), $303.00 (2.02%)
    4: leafsmets (Canada), $303.00 (2.02%)
    5: tafelpoot1 (Netherlands), $150.00 (1%)
    6: SaugaCitay (Canada), $150.00 (1%)
    7: andyhoward74 (United Kingdom), $150.00 (1%)
    8: Bierbube88 (Switzerland), $150.00 (1%)
    9: Barca1590 (Argentina), $75.00 (0.5%)
    10: ReyDeManiel (Ukraine), $75.00 (0.5%)
    11: wesleyvgr (Netherlands), $75.00 (0.5%)
    12: markusd(!)89 (Austria), $75.00 (0.5%)
    13: Léo Freymuth (Brazil), $75.00 (0.5%)
    14: jreek (Poland), $75.00 (0.5%)
    15: poliandrei (Romania), $75.00 (0.5%)
    16: nord_pro (Russia), $75.00 (0.5%)
    17: Gabranthe15 (United Kingdom), $37.50 (0.25%)
    18: digby_stars (United Kingdom), $37.50 (0.25%)
    19: tragodias1 (Greece), $37.50 (0.25%)
    20: Gulasch15 (Germany), $37.50 (0.25%)
  • There were 2 freerolls, right?