who plays HU cash online?

i'm new to heads up cash games but i have played a lot of SNGs in the past so i do have some idea of heads up play in some regard but not really deep stacked heads up play. however, this weekend i decided to jump into some heads up cash even though the lowest level is $50NL.

are there any regular HU players on here? i'm assuming there can't be too many since we haven't had a post in this section for two years. i'm curious as to the level of competition online in the heads up games. is it normally weak at the lower limits?

i sat down with this one guy yesterday (i'm assuming it was a guy at least), and i literally just slaughtered him (not literally - he's still alive). i was amazed at how passive he was playing. also, it was not difficult to figure out some patterns with his play to take advantage of (for example, if i limped on the button he'd pretty much raise me every time - managed to practically felt him with KK in such a hand).

is this the normal competition in heads up online? i really enjoyed playing it as it was constant action and it was easier to pay attention (which is one of my issues when playing online).

Comments

• I think the only way to know for sure is to play me
    Hu4R0lz

Then when I destroy you I can say with glee

FK U TRIGS!

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    I think the only way to know for sure is to play me
    Hu4R0lz

Then when I destroy you I can say with glee

FK U TRIGS!

i was wondering how long it would take for a "HU4rollz" comment to make it into this thread. not long ;)
  • I held off as long as I could.

• I played hu cash for some time, probably 2-3 months. I did really well at NL50 and NL100. The main reason i played was because i was bad at shorthanded play and i learnt a lot from it. I Think i started with 300$ to learn as much as possible.

A few points:

-I think in hu, tilt factor is very huge, it can be influenced way easier in hu than other games like MTTs and SnGs.

-variance is high and pots gets big frequently since a lot of hands are played consistently.

-table selection is very important

-NL50 is the lowest cash game hu you can find. You will find really good players that don't have big rolls yet to play bigger and bad players that are still learning in the same stake since there is no lower stakes.

At one point i was playing NL600 from the 300$ roll and wanted to see where i can get it and then busted and returned back to my lovely MTTs.
  • I play some PLO heads up. There are a lot of regs that play. Table selection is very important. Check the lobby and you will see some regs from 50plo to 400plo. They usually hide from search.

As mentioned it can be very tilting.

I find there is usually a lot more aggressive players opposed to passive. Consider yourself lucky and I'm glad you destroyed him. I find hu helps my 6 handed play.

Good luck and keep crushing.
  • We'll see. It is non exploitive. Why not? I'd like to design an exploitive bot for this contest.

• trigs wrote: »
    Don't panic, I'm 50+ years ahead of this "your time".

(I don't mean my skill, I mean the meta-war (obv))