chorchevel

Am I am playing more and more noticing how many people try to 3/4 bet shove with a "windowed" (The first card on the flop is what I call this) set, I used to do this and somewhat gave it up because really its still Omaha and more often than not against 80% of ranged hands are probably only my guess would be 65% which to get it in with 4 to come is not optimal.

I would like to hear others thoughts, for instance just as I play it, say you have 55KK7 2 suits, and the window is a 5....I don't get it in here just based on if your opp would have 46677 2 suits the chances he will make a set better than yours or straight leave too much to the chance to over-invest.

Am I overthinking this, I used to lose more than 50% of the time trying to get it in with a windowed set....Now course most know how unlucky I am but I feel this is a bad play actually.

Comments

• so, you are saying that you don't want to continually get your money in 65/35?
  • I said not always, thats 80% of ranges...the other 20% your probably far less than 65%

I do an awful lot of calling 3 bets right now with wraps to the window and have a hit range of well over 40%, I am just ball parking, my question is more am I overthinking things.......and if your 65%-35% with 4 cards to play thats what the stat says, more often than not I know in my own personnal experience I do NOT win 65% of these scenarios that I get it in on one card!
  • Propokertools are your friend

5-Card Omaha Hi Simulation ?
    202,540 trials (Exhaustive)
    board: 5d
    Hand Equity Wins Ties
    5sks5hkh7 55.99% 112,009 2,783
    4c6h6d7c7d 44.01% 87,748 2,783
  • getem76 wrote: »
    I said not always, thats 80% of ranges...the other 20% your probably far less than 65%

I do an awful lot of calling 3 bets right now with wraps to the window and have a hit range of well over 40%, I am just ball parking, my question is more am I overthinking things.......and if your 65%-35% with 4 cards to play thats what the stat says, more often than not I know in my own personnal experience I do NOT win 65% of these scenarios that I get it in on one card!

It sounds like you are underthinking things as according to Moose's post you don't even know the odds in the game you are playing. I would work on understanding that first and then addressing the rest of your game...that's a huge leak.
  • I said I was guessing but thanks.
  • No problem, that's what the forum is for
  • I didn't have my hands on a calculator so I was more guessing at what the scenarios might have been, the concept that its so close together makes more sense why I stopped doing it thinking I was a bigger favourite sometime ago, more often than not I see others do it and try to capatalize on this....works for me!
  • I think this 3 and 4 betting never existed to any extent until people started watching TV tournaments.Now every would be is doing it.Just my 2 cents worth.
  • oh it was there, it was just called reraise and re-reraise and re-re-reraise
  • Monoxide wrote: »
    oh it was there, it was just called reraise and re-reraise and re-re-reraise
    I know that but it was not used as much back in the day.Now everybody even newbies are overdoing it.