25k Final Table AK spot...

PokerStars - $10+$1|8000/16000 Ante 1600 NL - Holdem - 8 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: PokerTracker

BTN: 36.23 BB (VPIP: 32.00, PFR: 23.65, 3Bet Preflop: 11.48, Hands: 151)
SB: 46.7 BB (VPIP: 16.92, PFR: 13.39, 3Bet Preflop: 9.23, Hands: 130)
BB: 31.48 BB (VPIP: 47.32, PFR: 35.03, 3Bet Preflop: 13.70, Hands: 211)
UTG: 97.56 BB (VPIP: 20.35, PFR: 16.97, 3Bet Preflop: 9.52, Hands: 456)
UTG+1: 61.82 BB (VPIP: 25.41, PFR: 22.16, 3Bet Preflop: 8.64, Hands: 185)
MP: 28.47 BB (VPIP: 30.36, PFR: 23.64, 3Bet Preflop: 15.38, Hands: 57)
MP+1: 57.37 BB (VPIP: 25.81, PFR: 22.58, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 32)
Hero (CO): 23.23 BB

8 players post ante of 0.1 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.3 BB) Hero has Kd Ac
UTG raises to 2 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 4.5 BB, BTN raises to 10.13 BB, fold, fold, UTG raises to 97.46 BB and is all-in Hero????????

This is a final table, already itm obv

Comments

• So hard for me to fold there 8/8 with 19bb behind, guessing you prob should. FYI would rather have AK than QQ in that spot if planning to call just cause you hold blockers.
  • I've got a little spare time, but should study, so I whipped this up. To note, just because I can post pictures with numbers doesn't mean I know what I am doing or haven't made an error. Sometimes it's helpful to see the ranges in an ICM calculator as well as compare them to experienced players opinions (since its hard to argue with actual long term results).

Here is the basic setup I used with payouts. Payouts might be different but as long as its similar then we can get a basic idea of the spot.

2ibj1ad.jpg

• This is the spot we are looking at. UTG min raises 22.8%-this is probably the range we could tweak out of them all
    • cu 3bets 6.9%-this range doesn't matter for this analysis as we are only interested in Ako
    • button shoves 6%-we treat it like a shove to give us a more cautious estimate, a tighter range would give us more cautious vs calling to wide.
    • utg calls 3%
    • We are to call with KK and AA only
    108ixaq.jpg

AKo seems to play fine as a 3bet. The +.17 gives an indication but might not be accurate given the different factors there are.
    25sndoi.jpg

Interestingly, QQ seems to play better than AKo in this spot, like because of the tighter ranges of our villains. This too could be something that changes quickly depending on the variables.
    2eateug.jpg
    Here is a comparison if we choose to 3bet shove instead, AKo might be better to 3bet shove if it keeps all the other players a lot tighter, but again these numbers can't be perfectly compared. And there are other factors such as UTG plays very poorly postflop and/or flats oop often:
    143l2li.jpg

So to reiterate, I'm not really giving an answer, but its a good basis for a starting point, and I get to hear some of the experienced players evaluation of the types of analysis I generally use.
  • Which program is this? Since optimal poker is so counter-intuitive, I use math to find a better play than what my "gut feeling" told me to do.
    Startles wrote: »
    Sometimes it's helpful to see the ranges in an ICM calculator as well as compare them to experienced players opinions (since its hard to argue with actual long term results).
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Which program is this? Since optimal poker is so counter-intuitive, I use math to find a better play than what my "gut feeling" told me to do.
    I use the holdem resources calculator http://www.holdemresources.net/Others swear by Icimizer ICM Poker Calculator ICMIZER - Learn Push Fold in SNG, HUSNG, MTT

which is more user friendly but seemingly not as customizable.

I find most of the results are fairly intuitive but don`t always go inline with my gut.:)
  • thanks for the input gentleman

I folded while swearing, as did the 4-bettor...........and immediately regretted not 3-bet shipping
  • I have been reading all the comments in this forum and find it very confusing.first it takes all the fun and enjoyment out of playing poker.when you are trying to be an online champ I guess you need it,As I am not in that category. i dont need it.Now can you use all these plans in a live cash game or live tournament?All comments are welcome.i know b.ondefish loves this stuff and carries a computer to all his poker games :DMy 2 cents worth on this topic
  • these analysis are good post game. Hard to do in the heat of the game but very valuable during relection / studying your game and how you play it.

What could I have done better / differently, etc...
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    these analysis are good post game. Hard to do in the heat of the game but very valuable during relection / studying your game and how you play it.

What could I have done better / differently, etc...
    thanks.Well i do that all the time.I cant sleep after all my Bad Beats and hope it doesnt happen too often
  • chaimr1924 wrote: »
    i know b.ondefish loves this stuff and carries a computer to all his poker games :D
    That's to take pictures at Bill's crazy games and sometimes give live updates for rookieC's online groupies. Banned tho.