pokerstars lowered MTT guarantees

Did anyone recognize this, also anyone know the reasons why??

WSOP maybe? would that really lower the traffic it seems that the fields are almost the same.

Comments

• It's likely to do with that. Hopefully they go back up in July.
  • Haven't play enough MTTs to notice, but I think they've done that before during WSOP.
  • yea i remember them doing this, they lose tons of traffic to the wsop, ever since US players got cut out they do this
  • The $10+R 10k is now a 5k......brutal
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    The $10+R 10k is now a 5k......brutal

What was the prize pool after late reg and add-ons?
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    What was the prize pool after late reg and add-ons?

Don't remember exactly, but no where near 10k....1st was 1.2k last night.....it was normally 2-2.5k for first
  • Don't know why people are surprised or upset, They have done this every year for the last zillion years, WSOP, world cup and the usual IT'S SUMMERTIME!
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Don't know why people are surprised or upset, They have done this every year for the last zillion years, WSOP, world cup and the usual IT'S SUMMERTIME!

stick to sng's Philly.....they've always lowered, but never slashed in half
  • Actually I am pretty sure they have but put them back up again after the "backlash". I was not saying you, more 2p2 people is what I was referring too.

Just more going on at once this time, suck it up for a month or 2. Come play sng's for a bit t8.:D

I am such a nice guy I even looked, There is omaha sng's but no players,lol.

Alright so you're a mtt guy, MTT sng's then! :P
  • This was the same with partypoker in previous years, but strangely, it has not yet happened this year.
    philliivey wrote: »
    Don't know why people are surprised or upset, They have done this every year for the last zillion years, WSOP, world cup and the usual IT'S SUMMERTIME!
  • This is the email Stars sent me after I complained about the shcedule and the guarantees:

Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting Support.

The main tournament schedule is under constant review, and many changes are in the process of being implemented. Some of the adjustments coincide with major worldwide sporting events which have significant effects on the total number of players on PokerStars at any one time. The effects of the sporting calendar on player numbers are expected to be quite significant in June and early July of this year, thus we have made many changes to our guarantees in order to allow us to continue offering a massive range of tournaments with guarantees.

We anticipate that the effects on player numbers will change in mid-July, and look forward to raising guarantees back to normal levels soon thereafter.

With a tournament starting every second, PokerStars continues to offer the widest selection of poker games anywhere online with the action running non-stop. We are pleased that you have made PokerStars your home for tournament poker.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and best of luck at the tables

Regards,

Eva
    PokerStars Support
    --
    We are Poker!
  • I would be more worried about a big rake increase that is likely coming.