Depositing to poker sites here in Canada, hopefully to withdraw later.

Posted this in the Skrill thread but realized current players are likely not even looking at that so created a thread here.
After not depositing to online poker in 9 years I am considering finally depositing to play again... What method are you guys using to do it currently? Or are you all just withdrawing? I do have concerns linking my checking account to any site however...

Comments

• I have a separate chequing account with Tangerine (formerly ING) that I use to deposit.

You are fairly limited for deposits without vig.

I have used instadebit in the past. There is also Ukash
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    I have a separate chequing account with Tangerine (formerly ING) that I use to deposit.

You are fairly limited for deposits without vig.

I have used instadebit in the past. There is also Ukash

Hmm, perhaps I'll do that but what do you mean vig? Does the bank charge for the transfer to a poker site? How about withdrawals? Is that the same? (probably more important to me).. lol, advanced bragging...
  • No charge from the bank, but instadebit and ukash charge you the fees not the site
  • I haven't made a deposit on a poker site in years either. *(Mods must be doing it right) However, I've been thinking I might need to at some point soon. Credit card options in Canada are decreasing as well.
  • I still use Instadebit. They charge $1 per transaction now.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    I still use Instadebit. They charge $1 per transaction now.

But I don't think there is a charge if you pay with the balance in your account. They charge $2 to withdraw back to your bank account.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    But I don't think there is a charge if you pay with the balance in your account. They charge $2 to withdraw back to your bank account.

You're probably correct. I don't know because I don't keep a balance at Instadebit. Just use it to deposit directly from bank account.

I haven't had to withdraw back to my bank account since MicroMillions I. Now I just deposit and try to make my $50 last at least 3-4 months. :)