Interest thread - Skype study group for MTT strategy talk and play

So after posting a couple of hands on here regarding hand analysis and thoughts, there wasn't a ton of responses from members than really the ones who were involved in the hand itself.

What there did seem to be an interest in was a study group over skype to enjoy some conversation about strategy, analysis in real time while playing.

I just wanted to create a separate thread about this and see who would be interested in something like this and if so, what or how do you think the best way to go about doing this is.

Create a group on pokerstars to play each other for pennies, play hands and analyze spots etc.

Or just have a few players on face time together playing some mtt and bounce around real time analysis during play.

Anyways, who is interested?

1. Irunit4times
2. Pkrface9 (cash games or small mtt)
3. Trigs (depending on run time)
4. bfillmaff
5. msblue
6. Milo
7. Sn1perb0y

Comments

• good idea. i'd be more interested in cash games. i don't think i have the time needed for mtt's. but i would consider it. maybe 45-180 seat mtt's?
  • i'd be interested but it depends on when it runs.
  • I would imagine in the evenings or weekends of some kind would really be the only way to do it I would say. I don't know what everyone on here plays as far as provider goes,
    pokerstars, full tilt, 888, party etc. I only really know stars when it comes to creating a home group and we can always join that and when more than one person is on they can decide to join a group chat or not otherwise scheduling it would be very tricky, or an online thread maybe post when your online and interested in have a group session.

That seems to be the only difficult thing to set up as far as this goes in my mind, how to decide when to run it and whos available etc.

Thoughts?
  • yeah the timing is going to be the only tricky thing. Evenings/weekends best for me.

Count me in though if we can get this off the ground.
  • Sounds like it could be educational. Good idea.

And believe me, when it comes to poker, I really need it.
  • Count me in!

I am flexible with time, we could make a group and add each other. Have two main timings like an hour and a half each, one at weekday nights other on weekend noon?

We can post hands from previous days if someone had some tough spots in an MTT etc.. as well as play tournaments while talking and if someone is stuck in a tough spot we could discuss it.
  • Once the skype chat group is set up, any time 2 or more people are online they can chat informally, but you can also post more formal events and chat times in here that people can try to make as well.

It's not like you have to decline just because you can't make a particular time and date. If you see sn1per or somebody on, just ask a question or read the chat to see earlier discussions.

A penny Stars home game would be fun!
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    Count me in!

I am flexible with time, we could make a group and add each other. Have two main timings like an hour and a half each, one at weekday nights other on weekend noon?

We can post hands from previous days if someone had some tough spots in an MTT etc.. as well as play tournaments while talking and if someone is stuck in a tough spot we could discuss it.

I could go for this, as well. But I agree with Greg, I would be more interested in cash games.

How'd you do in Montreal, sniper? Good times?
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    as well as play tournaments while talking and if someone is stuck in a tough spot we could discuss it.

Jees hope Stars doesn't see this.. >:D
  • compuease wrote: »
    Jees hope Stars doesn't see this.. >:D

I meant after is he done with the hand, so that while it is still there and fresh we can discuss it not that to ask for action while in a hand.
  • This group is more for information and study purposes, not for real time help in hands and tournaments. That being said if it was I personally would be calling on some of the members that don't post on here very often for the free coaching lol though I think they are busy playing real games and making real money to do that :)
  • Milo wrote: »
    I could go for this, as well. But I agree with Greg, I would be more interested in cash games.

How'd you do in Montreal, sniper? Good times?

Poker wise not so well, but yeah i stayed there for a week and it was great with all the poutine and good looking ladies :D
  • possibly relevant - just saw this on phil gordon's twitter:

xdt2a.png

they are currently working on adding card displaying functionality. might be interesting.

729lw7.png
  • sounds kinda cool, I will have to revisit this over the weekend and see what we can get going.
  • Would like to join. Played mtts since forever but I'm new to these forums.