multi-accounting online?

how many people do you think play on more than one account?

how many people share accounts?

how many "pros" sit in a hotel room with other "pros" and help each other in big hands or on deep runs or final tables?

am i at a clear disadvantage because i play alone?

i just read yet another article from a "pro" talking about how he used to play on one account but now he doesn't and someone else is using that one now and blah blah blah.

shouldn't someone caught or admitting to multi-accounting get banned from online sites?

Comments

• You should not worry about this imo unless your average buyin is >$80.

It obviously happens (and it's shiity), but your ev change would be minimal in, for example the Big 22 with 4000 runners.

This changes however, when say you're playing the $162 nightly 50k with about 400 entries.

Ghosting would be a bigger problem I would think, when some random makes a deep run in the Storm for example, and gets his 'Pro' friend to make all his decisions at the final few tables.

You can get banned for Multi-Accounting, but not for ghosting.

Unfortunately, when it's possible to 'cheat', there will always be 'cheaters'.
  • you're probably right, i shouldn't let it bother me for the stakes i play. i haven't been playing a lot of MTTs lately anyway.

anyone interested in ghosting my next final table? 80%-20% split?
  • I recall there are a couple forum experts on this matter.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    I recall there are a couple forum experts on this matter.

ghosting? :D >:D
  • I agree with what everyone says, it mainly happens in the higher stakes. But even at lower stakes, you have a ton of ghosting going on. Its a thin and grey area on whether or not that si considered cheating. I cant speak on it honestly, as Ive had ghosting sessions myself.

Some coaches wont do it live, they will do hand history recviews becasue they feel it is unethical to do live ghosting. I have to agree that I feel it is a disadvantage to others when your getting help from a better player.

As for multi accounting, using 2 accounts to play the same game or tournament is defintely a no-no. You should be banned outright, no questions asked.