Worst start ever.. -51% ROI in MTT

No problem. Not a winning player. Been a fish on stars since 2006 but never had I run -51%. OPR showing that crap.

Sigh... welcome 2014.

Comments

• Technically if you don't cash in your first, then you would be -100% ROI....
  • moose wrote: »
    Technically if you don't cash in your first, then you would be -100% ROI....

That is a fact. One final table and this is erased..
  • maybe you're just on a long downswooooong

OPR can be depressing to look at during the bad end of variance
  • I haven't looked since 2011
  • I can't help but look. Weaknessss
  • bluesky wrote: »
    I can't help but look. Weaknessss

It is only a distraction. Do what I did, look at the top player's results from just one day. They have to play dozens of tournaments a day (70+) to find one that they make a deep run and maybe a final table.

Play for fun, play for limits you can afford and once in a while you will hit a nice score that will keep you playing.
  • Thanks for the comments dj
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    It is only a distraction. Do what I did, look at the top player's results from just one day. They have to play dozens of tournaments a day (70+) to find one that they make a deep run and maybe a final table.

Play for fun, play for limits you can afford and once in a while you will hit a nice score that will keep you playing.

disagree, just ask T8, he has one every 1 tournament :o
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    disagree, just ask T8, he has one every 1 tournament :o

Well, he's a beast and someone has to be the exception.
  • I looked T8 up. Another beast from Edmonton along side 'inheritance'.
  • I only check OPR when I make a final table, which is not very much. :(
  • i refuse to check my own OPR. i don't want to know lol. i just use it to check villains and other players that i know on occasion.
  • If it makes you feel any better, 2014 has been a real cock sucker so far on my end as well... stuck 12 buy ins at .25 ring after 7k hands in Jan. Profit graph looks like a god damned ski hill...

After analyzing my losing hands, I found a 40/60 split between coolers and spewage. I completely disregard the coolers and suckouts - the important thing is that you: 1. find the leaks and 2. plug them!
  • I stopped tracking my results about 1.5 years ago and kinda rely on opr to do the work but obviously it doesnt track cash and shit.

Should we all track our results?
  • bluesky wrote: »
    Should we all track our results?

It depends on why you play. If its just for fun, hell no, don't track a thing. If its to move up limits, increase you roll, measure your success, then yes, you should track your play.
  • I play just for fun and I track my play. Half the fun is gaining another yellow star.
  • FPP 4 Ever
  • Ended Jan with -52% .. so down 2150$ ish. Back to reg -12% for feb
  • stay positive.
  • Finally some positive shit
    Feb was still negative
    March however is looking up

It is a good thing cause my money printer was running out of ink... = P
  • March has been trolling along. Started the month on a good positive note but hovering around 0% now.

At least its better then feb ...
  • What it looks like today..
    Jan -52%
    Feb -19%
    Mar -7%
    Apr -15%
    May -16%
    June 180% but its still too early in the month!
  • lol thats pretty brutal, MTTs online or even MTTs in general are terrifically bad in terms of variance. I like playing them but also hate them, as the stats above me show why
  • one time

June +34%