FT deals

Was grinding low stakes zoom last night and started watching Sunday Millions final table. The deal chat started with 4 plrs left, which was so funny. 2nd-3rd and 4th in chips wanted ICM count, chip leader wanted "cheap count" lol. Bottom 3 agreed to ICM, chip leader wanted more...wouldnt chop for less. I have chopped many tourneys heads up or more, but for way fkn less $$$, lolol. Four handed was at the 11 hour mark ish, was chip leader wrong, greedy, stubborn or all not to agree with the rest? Is there etiquette for this situation?

Comments

• It depends on the stack sizes, ability of the remaining players, financial status of the players, etc, etc...

If one or two players are short stacked, then why would the chip leader take less ? He could fold his way to 2nd of 3rd.

If the stacks are even, maybe the chip leader feels he has an advantage against the remaining players.

Making deals is no different from the rest of the game, make as much money as you can. There is no ettiquette, its what you can get away with.
  • I agree with DJ, Although in the eyes of the people watching, the guy who doesn't agree to a deal or wants more is the evil greedy villain. Yet it is part of the game and the player who can get the most by negotiating or not agreeing is the winner at the end of the day.
  • Yup . . . it's negotiation where there is no obligation to reach a deal. If you are the big stack, ESPECIALLY if you have a sizable advantage (whether in skill or chips or both), then why would you "settle"? Puts you in a bad spot if you take some bad beats, but that is the risk you take.
  • If I am sitting with 90% of the chips in play, and we are 3-4 handed, the ONLY deal I am taking is one that pays me MORE than first place $$$.