whitepeopleprobz

What's a reasonable price for a maid once a month (clothed)? I'm not messy at all but hate dusting, vaccuming, etc.

Anyone use a maid service in Calgary that they can recommend? Yelp is not so popular in Canada and I can't locate a site that has many reviews.

Is fed around?

Comments

• I pay $60 every two weeks for housekeeper in the GTA. You need someone you can trust firstly.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    I pay $60 every two weeks for housekeeper in the GTA. You need someone you can trust firstly.
    That rules out fed.
    But that $60 every two weeks is better than my poker win rate and is tempting.
  • How long does it take per cleaning, approx size of your house? Out here quotes are more than double that through cleaning companies, but likely cheaper through kijiji ads...not really going to let some random person from kijiji into my house...I will reserve that risk for random sexual partners

I find that AB prices tend to be higher than Ont, but more than double seems a bit steep
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    How long does it take per cleaning, approx size of your house? Out here quotes are more than double that through cleaning companies, but likely cheaper through kijiji ads...not really going to let some random person from kijiji into my house...I will reserve that risk for random sexual partners

I find that AB prices tend to be higher than Ont, but more than double seems a bit steep

Why don't you ask some colleagues, friends, neighbours for references? At least then you've got someone to back and bitch at if things go wrong.

I understand you haven't been in your new hood for long, so this could be tougher than I suggest.
  • I don't think many of them are as lazy as me... But I'll examine that option
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I don't think many of them are as lazy as me... But I'll examine that option

I just find when someone's coming into your home, word of mouth from someone you know who also knows your habits/personality is better than a reference from a random.
  • I pay 120 every 2 weeks, i have like 2600sqft, most of it we never use so I think theyre in the house like 2.5-4 hours each time.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I pay 120 every 2 weeks, i have like 2600sqft, most of it we never use so I think theyre in the house like 2.5-4 hours each time.

OK sounds similar to what I'm hearing out here...lazy fk
  • think $120 is fair; you must be able to write it off somehow? part your new home office.
  • lol clothed? >:D>:D>:D