2014 WSOP dates

Just a outline of dates, not full schedule. Maybe helps people with planning?

WSOP NEWS: WORLD SERIES OF POKER ANNOUNCES 2014 EVENT DATES

Comments

• The milly-maker would be nice, bring that bracelet back to canada. OPT has a bunch of WSOP sattys coming up...GITTY-UP.
  • I'm under 21 :'(

I hope they change it to 18, its frustrating when anyone above 18 can play anywhere in Europe,Bahamas and Montreal but not Vegas.That is a 3 years difference for an 18 year old.(i'm 19)
  • It lives...again
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Just a outline of dates, not full schedule. Maybe helps people with planning?

WSOP NEWS: WORLD SERIES OF POKER ANNOUNCES 2014 EVENT DATES

You coming down this year?
  • Not me. Being a EV/ROI-maximizing kind of guy, I'll play all my tournaments at WPT Fallsview, WPT Spring Canadian Poker Championship, WPT Montreal, WSOP-C Canada, PokerStars Playground, PCA 2015, etc. where one can "have your cake and eat it too" without the 30% withholding rake. Family vacation will be in a DisneyWorld resort (poker-free?) and/or Bahamas Atlantis.
    pokerJAH wrote: »
  • pokerJAH wrote: »

Too early to tell, but I am looking at May sometime for a Vegas trip.
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    I'm under 21 :'(

I hope they change it to 18, its frustrating when anyone above 18 can play anywhere in Europe,Bahamas and Montreal but not Vegas.That is a 3 years difference for an 18 year old.(i'm 19)

Really can't feel sorry for you....I didn't play my first WSOP event until I was 38
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Not me. Being a EV/ROI-maximizing kind of guy, I'll play all my tournaments at WPT Fallsview, WPT Spring Canadian Poker Championship, WPT Montreal, WSOP-C Canada, PokerStars Playground, PCA 2015, etc. where one can "have your cake and eat it too" without the 30% withholding rake. Family vacation will be in a DisneyWorld resort (poker-free?) and/or Bahamas Atlantis.

C'mon man (using Chris Berman's voice)

I understand your reasoning.....but it's like being a hockey player and aspiring to win the KHL championship.
  • T8 .. you coming down to Calgary for either the Jan or Feb series?
  • Ummm, what's wrong with winning over $1,000,000 tax-free with zero withholdings, a WPT bracelet, a Fallsview trophy and gold jewelry that a couple of local recreational players have already done in the previous WPT events at Fallsview?? :confused:

glen-witmer.jpg
    T8urmoney wrote: »
    C'mon man (using Chris Berman's voice)
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    T8 .. you coming down to Calgary for either the Jan or Feb series?

Maybe....send me the deeetzz
  • Untitled_zps6b157b75.png

Wetts might be coming...

...was too lazy to crop, just scanned for incriminating sites and I think it looks ok
    Ummm, what's wrong with winning over $1,000,000 tax-free with zero withholdings, a WPT bracelet, a Fallsview trophy and gold jewelry that a couple of local recreational players have already done in the previous WPT events at Fallsview?? :confused:

last I checked WPT Fallsview was in February........WSOP in June....so it's not like you have to choose which to attend
  • Unless you're paying for my WSOP Main Event entry, I don't have unlimited bankroll so I have to pick and choose which events that will maximize my ROI, EV and profits while trying to minimize expenses, rake, etc. Paying 30% extra rake to the IRS makes no sense when there are more than enough WPT and WSOP-C events in Canada that we can't buy into all of them.
    last I checked WPT Fallsview was in February........WSOP in June....so it's not like you have to choose which to attend
  • #whitepeopleprobz
    Paying 30% extra rake to the IRS .

lol.....I've not had this problem yet while playing in Vegas.....and if I do....what GTA said

I thought the single table satties were pretty good at the WSOP? no 30% there
  • Yes, when you or actyper win another WSOP ME package and bring me as your "+1" guest, ;) then I'll grind the satellites, Survivor events, cash games, everything but buy-in to the highly -EV US tourneys.
    I thought the single table satties were pretty good at the WSOP? no 30% there
    Yes, when you or actyper win another WSOP ME package and bring me as your "+1" guest, ;) then I'll grind the satellites, Survivor events, cash games, everything but buy-in to the highly -EV US tourneys.

Just get one of the many great credit card offers which will basically cover the cost of your flight. Greg and I plan to use the Westjet $99 companion flight offer which I get every year with my Westjet Mastercard.
  • Money is no problemo. If my travel-hating better half ever gave the go-ahead for the whole family to go to Las Vegas, then I would break my tongue insta-calling! :p And we're going to stay in a suite, as I love the suites at Monte Carlo, Rio, Caesars Palace and The Palms.

But even if I end up with a forumer(s) in Las Vegas, the positronic poker chip in my brain - always being checked by the best poker player left in the forum, Dr. "ReefAquarium" Soong - has a fail-safe system that prevents us from buying into any highly -EV game such as the US tournaments with the mother-f^%$#@! 30% withholding tax. ;)
    pokerJAH wrote: »
    Greg and I plan to use the Westjet $99 companion flight offer which I get every year with my Westjet Mastercard.
  • This may sound silly.. but I saw someone use it but.. I've never understood the phrase.. "have your cake and eat it too."

What's the point of having cake if you can't eat it?
  • Cake poker is rigged fwiw
  • Read You can't have your cake and eat it - Wikipedia.

In the positive sense, it refers to "having the best of both worlds." pkrfce9 thinks of it as "getting it both ways" but that's a whole different thread.... ;)
    Macke wrote: »
    This may sound silly.. but I saw someone use it but.. I've never understood the phrase.. "have your cake and eat it too."

What's the point of having cake if you can't eat it?
  • Saw.

That monster stack looks good.. 1500 for 15k chips.. something I might even consider playing instead of those others.
  • Saw also:
    "Foreign Players from Non-Tax Treaty Countries are subject to up to 30% tax withholding." :'(
    Saw.
  • Oh right,... blah.
  • But Blondefish where am I supposed to go for any tournament action on the occasion I feel like playing one?
  • What about WSOP-C River Rock or Lac-Leamy; WPT Fallsview, Montreal or Canadian Spring Championship; PokerStars Canada Cup; Deep Stacks Poker Tour, CPT? 2013 was probably the best year ever for tournament players in Canada, but 2014 will be even better with more forthcoming announcements! :cool2:

Or even PCA, EPT, APPT, Macau, Aussie Millions, & anywhere else but the most highly -EV country in the world for non-pro Canadians to buy into a tournament?
    But Blondefish where am I supposed to go for any tournament action on the occasion I feel like playing one?
  • I wouldn't worry too much about the withholding tax. Have receipts ready and just claim it back. If you end up having more than 300k in taxes withheld it means you have won more than any recent Canadian tourney paid to first along with the prestige and accolades that go with winning a bracelet.
  • i still have never made it out to vegas :(

the gf is willing to go (if i pay for the whole trip myself!). i'm assuming that suggesting i go by myself (or with the guys) is not an option lol. again, i'm really considering going for the beginning of july and trying to make the last $1500 wsop event.

most likely it'll be a road trip to atlantic city though.