AAxx KKxx hands

hands like AAxx and KKxx where x's are uncoordinated, how do you play these? do you play these hands?

from what i've read, these hands are playable in LP looking to flop a set but if you miss you're most likely check folding and giving up. just curious what others think though.

Comments

• Ya, they're set mining hands...

Mark
  • No set no bet. Without the benefit of cards that provide wrap or flush potential they are basically "small win/big loss" hands.
  • Milo wrote: »
    No set no bet. Without the benefit of cards that provide wrap or flush potential they are basically "small win/big loss" hands.

With the exception of an opportunity to 4 bet and mostly get it in, I agree..
  • okay, i played a hand the other day that i want to ask about. i think i might have messed it up so i want some feedback. i'll rehash it as best as i can.

$0.05-$0.10 6 max pot limit omaha cash game (4 players sitting in)

Hero is UTG with AdAh9c5s and raises $0.35 (pot is $0.50) - there's only 4 players so technically i'm UTG but also in the cutoff so i didn't think playing this hand was too bad. am i wrong? fold pre?

all three players call and we go four players to the flop (pot is $1.35)

flop comes 2x2x8x rainbow. SB and BB check. i figured that i missed and that someone could have easily hit a two so i check. button checks. bad play? should i be cbetting into three people here?

turn comes A putting two spades on the board i believe. SB and BB check again. i'm thinking bingo! normally i don't like to slowplay but for some reason here i think a bet will chase everyone away (even flush draws). my hand is so strong that i don't mind checking again hoping opponents will catch up on the river and overlook the possible boat (or hopefully have them hit a weaker boat and give me all their chips). however, i think this may be a bad play. might be better to bet and try to get some more chips in the pot. thoughts/comments please?

river is a blank (5h i think). SB checks, BB bets out really small (like $0.20 i think). i decide to pot it hoping he's got a deuce and can't fold. button folds. SB folds. BB repots it. with the 2nd nuts and my slowplaying combined, i figure i'm good here and get all my chips in. BB calls.

so, how did i do? comments please.
  • Well I don't fold at any point after the turn A.. So he had pocket deuces huh?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Well I don't fold at any point after the turn A.. So he had pocket deuces huh?

yes, i can't see us folding after the turn obviously. however, my play could still have been poor though. and yes he showed quads. however, i feel like i might have set myself up for failure in this hand.
  • trigs wrote: »
    okay, i played a hand the other day that i want to ask about. i think i might have messed it up so i want some feedback. i'll rehash it as best as i can.

$0.05-$0.10 6 max pot limit omaha cash game (4 players sitting in)

Hero is UTG with AdAh9c5s and raises $0.35 (pot is $0.50) - there's only 4 players so technically i'm UTG but also in the cutoff so i didn't think playing this hand was too bad. am i wrong? fold pre?

all three players call and we go four players to the flop (pot is $1.35)

flop comes 2x2x8x rainbow. SB and BB check. i figured that i missed and that someone could have easily hit a two so i check. button checks. bad play? should i be cbetting into three people here?

turn comes A putting two spades on the board i believe. SB and BB check again. i'm thinking bingo! normally i don't like to slowplay but for some reason here i think a bet will chase everyone away (even flush draws). my hand is so strong that i don't mind checking again hoping opponents will catch up on the river and overlook the possible boat (or hopefully have them hit a weaker boat and give me all their chips). however, i think this may be a bad play. might be better to bet and try to get some more chips in the pot. thoughts/comments please?

river is a blank (5h i think). SB checks, BB bets out really small (like $0.20 i think). i decide to pot it hoping he's got a deuce and can't fold. button folds. SB folds. BB repots it. with the 2nd nuts and my slowplaying combined, i figure i'm good here and get all my chips in. BB calls.

so, how did i do? comments please.

4-handed is a different kind of animal too, so without any information re: villains..

Pre-flop - Raise pot, preflop if they're calling they'll call pot bet IMO

Flop: Nothing wrong with floating it, as said, it's a no set no bet kinda hand.

Turn: One hand beats you now? Let's see if it's out there... I bet, not pot, but maybe close to 1/2 of it. What's the point of hitting your miracle card if you don't get money in there with it?

River: Small bet, raised, and re-raised? I get belly rumblings here, and reads become important again... If BB has been playing pretty ABC, I may just flat his re-raise. If he's kind of an idiot, and would do this with A2, 25, 55 or any other non-nut full house combinations, well, then your repop is okay IMO.

Mark
  • thanks mark. yeah i think the check on the turn was a bad play. if there's a deuce they'll probably still call to see river i'm assuming and if there isn't i'm not making any more anyway by slowplaying turn i think.

best reads on BB were he was pretty standard but i think he would have 3bet river with a non-nut boat for sure. although i have to admit that the min bet/reraise line did make me think he had quads but i'm not good enough to fold here as played. now if i bet the turn and he called and then he donk bet the river i think i'm just calling which i think is a better line.
  • On tht flop it's ok to chk as a 2 may be out and someone wanting to chk raise.

On the turn when u basically hit gin u need to bet. Any 2 is calling in addition to most AK, AQ and A8 hands.

On the river IMO he has 55 or 88. If he had quad 2 you would pay him off. From my experience most players at those limits don't chk twice here.