Home game last night

Here it is Scotty:

I had a game at my place last night. 9 players no limit hold'em tourney.
$50 buy in with unlimited re-buys. 5 rebuys total, 2 from one player. :D

Rebuy guy was drunk and not really a poker player so the game moved very slooooww at times.

1 spilled beer on my poker table.
1 full beer busted on my floor.
1 cut finger from "drunk-rebuy-bust beer on my floor guy".
1 mini fridge full of beer tipped open.

Finally "d-r-b.b.o.m.f guy" gets knocked out......Then has loud conversations about nonsense with other ex-players.

Luckily I bit my tongue and kept my mouth shut, since this guy is an old friend of my dads and there are no sore feelings today because of my retraint.

Once it got down to 4 players everyone else left including "d-r-b.b.o.m.f guy" and all was peacefull.
Thank god I took 2nd place so it made it worth while..... :)

Also got to meet another player from this forum who was nice enough to not take my money from me in my own house. :)

Comments

• 1 spilled beer on my poker table.

Perhaps a "no beer on the poker table" is in order? I've seen even the most co-ordinated and sober people knock down the occasional drink while reaching for chips or cards or something like that. You can easily have small tables beneath the poker table for drinks.
    1 mini fridge full of beer tipped open.

Hmmm... this is more difficult. A "no beer in the fridge" rule seems less feasible... :)
    $50 buy in with unlimited re-buys. 5 rebuys total, 2 from one player.

How did the rebuys work exactly? I'm surprised there were only 5. Could you only rebuy at 0 chips? Were they unlimited re-buys forever?
    Also got to meet another player from this forum who was nice enough to not take my money from me in my own house.

Oh man, if this would offend you, I'd better not come over to play one of these. ;)

My best advice for next time: Don't tell d-r-b.b.o.m.f guy that you're playing poker.

ScottyZ
  • Perhaps a "no beer on the poker table" is in order? I've seen even the most co-ordinated and sober people knock down the occasional drink while reaching for chips or cards or something like that. You can easily have small tables beneath the poker table for drinks.

Or.... you could put in cup holders. I'm telling you guys, they are well worth it, and the cost is not prohibitive(unlike a certain rail I heard about :shock: )

The Cup holders cost me around $1.50 each, plus the bit to put them in was around $25. They look awesome too.
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    1 spilled beer on my poker table.

Perhaps a "no beer on the poker table" is in order? I've seen even the most co-ordinated and sober people knock down the occasional drink while reaching for chips or cards or something like that. You can easily have small tables beneath the poker table for drinks.
    $50 buy in with unlimited re-buys. 5 rebuys total, 2 from one player.

How did the rebuys work exactly? I'm surprised there were only 5. Could you only rebuy at 0 chips? Were they unlimited re-buys forever?

ScottyZ

Actually the guy that knocked the beer over was sober. Too bad he didn't have the bottle in the cup holder I had installed the night before.. :roll:
    I do keep a few small tables behind players for them to put drinks and stuff on. Since I am tight for space I cannot have enough side table room for everyone.
    Overall I am not too concerned about spilled beer since I have scotch guarded the table and will add another coat before tomorrow's game. 8)

I missed an important point. Unlimited rebuys were for the first hour only and you had to be completely out of chips to rebuy. $50 gets you the original t500 chips.
  • I have unlimited rebuys for my home tourney, usual buy- in is $40.00, with $20.00 rebuys, for half starting chip count, until the ended of level 4. 20 minute levels, can only re-buy if you bust out.