brunson diagnosed with skin cancer

The Nightly Turbo: Doyle Brunson Battling Cancer, Poker Coming to Maryland, and More | PokerNews

however, before you get too upset, apparently this is the fourth time he's had cancer. he beat it the first three times.

Comments

• variance tho :(
  • Man, if Doyle could live through playing poker for a living in the 50's, he can survive this! Positive energy being sent his way!!
  • Already beat the Big "C" once, but I don't like his chances long term.
  • doyle chirped / blocked me on twitter, so I really dont care if he dies.

glgl tho because im not a dick.
  • costanza wrote: »
    doyle chirped / blocked me on twitter, so I really dont care if he dies.

glgl tho because im not a dick.

Insta-reban imo.
  • TammiM68 wrote: »
    Insta-reban imo.

heh

im obv joking, im not THAT much of a dick

doyle will pull thru, hes a beast and iirc, skin cancer isnT Really that dangerous.
  • costanza wrote: »

doyle will pull thru, hes a beast and iirc, skin cancer isnT Really that dangerous.

hmmmm. depends on how far along it it.

Stage 4 melanoma has a 15% survival rate over 5 years. Much less if near the lymph nodes.
  • Hobbes wrote: »

Stage 4 melanoma has a 15% survival rate over 5 years. Much less if near the lymph nodes.

wow , sounds alot crazier than from when my nana had it :-[
  • There's three types of skin cancer: basal cell, squamous cell, and melanoma.

- Melanoma's the worst, grows rapidly and can spread quickly to other parts of the body.
    - Basal cell grows ridiculously slow and basically never kills anybody.
    - Squamous cell (which is what he has) is in the middle but still has a really good prognosis (re: very few people die from it).

Definitely being diagnosed with cancer is a stressful event so I don't want to downplay it but non-melanoma skin cancer is one of the "better" cancers to be diagnosed with.
  • Hobbes wrote: »

Stage 4 cancer would mean that the cancer has invaded the lymph nodes already. Cancer invades locally and then goes to lymph nodes and then to other organs in the body. If the cancer is in the lymph node, it'll mean the cancer is either stage 2 or 3. Stage 4 of any cancer is cancer that has metastasized or gone to other organs.

I'm not sure about the actual survival rate numbers for melanoma but those look about right for stage 4 melanoma. It is a bad ass disease. :(
  • There's something about Doyle that I think we all like. Maybe it's being the elder statesman of the game we all love, maybe it's because he's a good guy or maybe it's the grandfatherly thing. I wish him a painless recovery
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    There's something about Doyle that I think we all like. Maybe it's being the elder statesman of the game we all love, maybe it's because he's a good guy or maybe it's the grandfatherly thing. I wish him a painless recovery
    +1
  • Was scanning through Super System for stuff just this week. Had seen Doyle zipping around the Aria poker room on his mobility device a couple of months ago. I wish him all the best. He's been a classy gentleman for poker in front of the whole world. No one like him. So get well!
  • Heh fed's lack of knowledge extends beyond current events seamlessly into the medical field...is there anything he doesn't not know:)