Live variance

What sort of downy can we expect playing live?

Down a few BI's this week, just wondering when I should get worried

Thanks.

Comments

• In before GTA.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    In before GTA.

I'm fine if he posts with help or an answer but like always, he's going to be a sarcastic Jew

Also he has me blocked, so neither GTA nor trigs should even be able to view this thread, let alone comment in it.
  • Don't concentrate on buy-ins. Concentrate on the players, and how well you are making decisions, the money will take care of itself.

Provided you are rolled for the level you are playing.
  • costanza wrote: »
    he's going to be a sarcastic Jew

Yeah, uh, this part isn't going to end well.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Don't concentrate on buy-ins. Concentrate on the players, and how well you are making decisions, the money will take care of itself.

Provided you are rolled for the level you are playing.

I know this dev, but I'm just wondering what sort of swings I can expect?

I've had a few 4-5 BI days , normally pick up after dropping 2 (600$)
  • Yeah, uh, this part isn't going to end well.

What?

He's sarcastic and Jewish, seems ok to me?
  • No, you just don't get it. I guess the chips will fall where they fall.
    What?

He's sarcastic and Jewish, seems ok to me?

Ethnicity has no place in a civilized conversation.
    Ethnicity has no place in a civilized conversation.

I was just speaking in generalities
  • Can we start this thread over?

I really need input

Maybe pointing out religion was bad :(
  • I'll be honest and say I'm not the moat experienced cash player but I would like to know how many BI swings I can expect from more experienced grinders
    I'll be honest and say I'm not the moat experienced cash player but I would like to know how many BI swings I can expect from more experienced grinders

in one session or multiple? one session I usually call it quits after 300BB, although I have had 500BB swings in one session. multiple I guess you could see 1000BB swings if the cards are going against you. Are you getting your money in ahead or behind? that plays a big factor. If you are playing big pots with draws and losing, then you can go through multiple buyins pretty fast if you don't hit.

btw, GTA isn't practicing.
  • have had Fed on block for a month or two...makes life more enjoyable around here

just for kicks I will give you some sound advice...variance is the only thing on your side when you are clearly a losing player, so may variance be with you

#guttedgiraffe
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    in one session or multiple? one session I usually call it quits after 300BB, although I have had 500BB swings in one session. multiple I guess you could see 1000BB swings if the cards are going against you. Are you getting your money in ahead or behind? that plays a big factor. If you are playing big pots with draws and losing, then you can go through multiple buyins pretty fast if you don't hit.

btw, GTA isn't practicing.

yeah... its so sick how winning a few buy ins is like "meh" but losing buy ins takes your soul, and squeezes it... and then smashes it into the ground and you feel hollow inside, like the old oak tree in a haunted forest that is being circled by gypsies.... and they chant and chant about how empty you are, and you feel the cold - right down to the bone and you desperately need to heat up again, but because you have no soul from losing buy ins, it gets colder by the second and you want to stare into the abyss... looking for the answer...
    yeah... its so sick how winning a few buy ins is like "meh" but losing buy ins takes your soul, and squeezes it... and then smashes it into the ground and you feel hollow inside, like the old oak tree in a haunted forest that is being circled by gypsies.... and they chant and chant about how empty you are, and you feel the cold - right down to the bone and you desperately need to heat up again, but because you have no soul from losing buy ins, it gets colder by the second and you want to stare into the abyss... looking for the answer...

No clue how you get that drama queen rep

Mark
  • Ok that may have been a little dramatic
  • This is why having an adequate roll is sooo important. For example, bad beats tilt me way more when I get knocked out of a $55 tourney as opposed to the $3 one.

Why ? 'cause I can afford the $3 hit.

If you had 200 buy-ins for $1/2, losing 5 would be meh.

Some advice. Most of your profit will come from playing against worse players, who happen to be casual, weekend players. Get a day job, play at night and on weekends. the money won't stress you out as much and you'll make more playing against the donks.
  • yeah, im thinking getting deep and battling reg's isnt all that +EV

but the regs are so bad, I cant help myself
    This is why having an adequate roll is sooo important. For example, bad beats tilt me way more when I get knocked out of a $55 tourney as opposed to the $3 one.

Why ? 'cause I can afford the $3 hit.

If you had 200 buy-ins for $1/2, losing 5 would be meh.

Some advice. Most of your profit will come from playing against worse players, who happen to be casual, weekend players. Get a day job, play at night and on weekends. the money won't stress you out as much and you'll make more playing against the donks.

you really don't have to game select at 1/2 it is super soft everywhere, you just need to be able to read a table and adjust

obviously, Fed should be working and not playing poker "full-time" but that has been pointed out to him on many occasions

#guttedgiraffeinablender
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    you really don't have to game select at 1/2 it is super soft everywhere, you just need to be able to read a table and adjust

obviously, Fed should be working and not playing poker "full-time" but that has been pointed out to him on many occasions

#guttedgiraffeinablender

not even going to respond to this bullshit any more

yes but he is playing full-time so we have to deal with the cards that are dealt to us. Tell you what Fed, if you want to talk about sessions and big hands you think you played well or messed up, just PM me and I will give you my input. Maybe I can help you plug some holes. At worse, you get a different perspective.

Can't do anything about variance.

btw GTA, when are you going to update your giraffe since moving out west??
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    yes but he is playing full-time so we have to deal with the cards that are dealt to us. Tell you what Fed, if you want to talk about sessions and big hands you think you played well or messed up, just PM me and I will give you my input. Maybe I can help you plug some holes. At worse, you get a different perspective.

Can't do anything about variance.

"full-time"
  • as stated above, there is a huge difference between variance and being a losing player
  • im playing at least 6 hours a day, some times i go on benders and play 12+ if the games are good
    as stated above, there is a huge difference between variance and being a losing player

over my sample im defenitly a winning player playing live cash
  • GTA stop posting like u know me and my game , im way more talented and capable than you obviously think so just shut up
  • and thanx jah , ill defenitly hit u up for thoughts
  • Hands up everyone that knew this is how this thread was going to go....

hands-up_wid.jpg

Mark
  • I just put two holes in my ceiling.
This discussion has been closed.