Pocket Jacks Pre-Flop

I've been reading online but I haven't really found my answer so I thought I'd ask here.

Does anyone know what are the odds of being up against a bigger pocket pair than Jacks?

What are your opinions on shoving all-in pre-flop with pocket jacks?

I shoved all-in with pocket jacks (while on tilt after getting my aces cracked by a 67o) and was met pocket kings!

Cheers!

Comments

• there's a little more to it than just your hole cards and shoving preflop.
  • Multiple factors including how many players are in the hand, etc. I think that propokertools or pokerstove can give you the answer to this, forget which one. Either way totally worth checking out those poker resources. And best of all, they are free
  • trigs wrote: »
    there's a little more to it than just your hole cards and shoving preflop.

You're right, I'm still new to the game and this is my first post. I was up against someone who I would refer to as a LAG and he had a very wide range (this was live). So I raised to $10 preflop, he raised me to $25 and seeing as this was the best hand I received all night I decided to go all-in with pocket Jacks where they promptly met pocket kings.

In retrospect I consider this a learning experience more than anything. I've been playing for a while but just recently started playing live at 1/2 stakes.

Cheers
  • Just because no one else has...

How to play JJ - YouTube
  • DennisG wrote: »
    Just because no one else has...

How to play JJ - YouTube

Lol, this video is gold
  • Awesome video.