A TD's nightmare in the $50k Event.

Wow... just read through this. Would have hated to be the TD on this one...

A TD's Nightmare

Comments

• did he tank for 10 minutes with aces with a suit and multiple straight draws?
  • Clearly allin. The loser was being a dick. If they weren't allin then they shouldn't have released their cards and then betting would have continued.
  • Agreed. It totally feels like an angle shoot by Yakovenko. I think the final ruling was a good one, (to detract from trying this again), but that first ruling is horri-bad.

Based on the actions of the player it looks like there was implied consent that it was a 3-way all-in.

Still, the stuff that followed with the extra time may cause my head to explode!
  • Heard one of the players involved in this hand recounting on phone and he said he didn't feel like it was an angle, it was just such a weird situation it was the one time he didn't think think there was a clear way to decide. He still couldn't even decide if it was handled properly but it sounded like everything just went sideways at once.
  • So, there was just a flat pre and then the tournament director decided that because the dealer fucked up and ran the entire board that everyone has to commit their entire stacks? Did I read this decision correctly?
  • No. Yakovenko declared "all-in" even though he had more chips than a pot-sized raise. His opponent declared "call". The final decision was to hold Yakovenko to his verbal declaration, rather than the pot-limit raise, as it was in the best interests of the game to do so. Doubt he would have said anything if he had won, so screw him.

Also, a kitn to the Dealer and the first Floor . . . bad Dealer error, and horrible first decision.
  • Milo wrote: »
    No. Yakovenko declared "all-in" even though he had more chips than a pot-sized raise. His opponent declared "call". The final decision was to hold Yakovenko to his verbal declaration, rather than the pot-limit raise, as it was in the best interests of the game to do so. Doubt he would have said anything if he had won, so screw him.

Also, a kitn to the Dealer and the first Floor . . . bad Dealer error, and horrible first decision.

ah ic lol at had to use ipad to calculate what a pot sized raise is
  • I would set the rerun only for the side pot. full pot should have been Deeb's no question. If the action had been run correctly he still takes the exact same amount no matter the action of the other two.
  • and who tables their hand if they have chips behind? this clearly looks like an angleshoot freeroll (ie. win the pot and say nothing, lose the pot and say I wasn't all-in)