Turbo vs Hyper-turbo

Hello Cardsharks,

Do you think the hyper-turbo games are more profitable than turbo STTs? Or more than regular speed for that matter?

I have recently been playing the $7 hyper turbos (9 handed) with great success - 14% ROI over 800 games.

I normally expect a much lower ROI and am wondering at the sudden change. Recreational players looking for a quick game... Players uncomfortable with the pre-flop aggression suited for high-blind tournament play?

What are your experiences with these games?

Comments

• 800 games isn't anywhere near a decent enough sample size...I'd say 10k games would be an ok sample for a ROI but you likely would need more. I wouldn't expect anything over 10% for any form of sng these days.
  • i'd assume that the faster the structure the higher the variance. however, i have been playing the $3.50 hypers lately and i do think that there are a decent amount of people who just jump on there to blow off some steam/donk off some buy-ins and have no interest in trying to play them well.

and i agree with GTA. 10% ROI in SNGs over a proper sample size is pretty good.
  • Normal just too slow for my SNG style, like the turbos best. Started to enjoy hypers more and more because they do move so quick, but think there is a bit of a luck factor/high variance you flip or squeeze a ton in best spots that come up. And you need to find hem quick lol.

Multitabling turbos I think could be most profitable of three over large sample. I don't get bored as quick and do stupid shit, $75/$150 hits quick enough to start picking on nits and stay interested.

That said, I think if you are a good fold/shove players and know you charts (I clearly do not) I see a lot of players doing well in 6max, 4 max HU hypers if they sit right guys and are willing to leave a few BI down or 5-6 up.