Options

Plo8

No idea wtf im doing

PokerStars Hand #80189492002: Tournament #2012050111, $7.00+$0.50 USD Omaha Hi/Lo Pot Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2012/05/09 17:29:40 ET
Table '2012050111 206' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: smokerock247 (7299 in chips)
Seat 2: gmanwicksy (5353 in chips)
Seat 3: Matrigo (6608 in chips)
Seat 4: ftruncev (5260 in chips)
Seat 5: skypoker77 (4778 in chips)
Seat 6: ashchain (6354 in chips)
ashchain: posts small blind 15
smokerock247: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to smokerock247 [4h 4c Tc Ad]
gmanwicksy: folds
Matrigo: folds
ftruncev: raises 30 to 60
skypoker77: calls 60
ashchain: folds
smokerock247: calls 30
*** FLOP *** [4d Th Ah]
smokerock247: checks
ftruncev: checks
skypoker77: bets 146
smokerock247: raises 365 to 511
ftruncev: folds
skypoker77: calls 365
*** TURN *** [4d Th Ah] [2s]
smokerock247: bets 912
skypoker77: calls 912
*** RIVER *** [4d Th Ah 2s] [3d]
smokerock247: checks
skypoker77: bets 3041
smokerock247: folds [4h 4c Tc Ad]
Uncalled bet (3041) returned to skypoker77
skypoker77 collected 3041 from pot
skypoker77: doesn't show hand

std fold????

dont think i could have smashed the flop any harder

Comments

• You didnt smash the flop as hard as you think you only have bottom set and if any low card comes you will probably get half if he stays in and there are flush draws and all of that I would have c/c the turn and c/c river if it was an ok card the river I a fold.
  • you can reasonably go into hard potcontrolmode on the turn, calling to chop is how you lose money
  • You hit the flop good, but u have no low draw, and this is a disastrous turn and river. In PLO8, I would keep the pot small with bottom set, no redraw....think that's where we went wrong here. Then u can value turn, then check fold or bet fold river. Lose less chips when we're behind / and can feel ok about calling or folding for 1/2 of small pot at best.

Let's not forget, as played, u set it up on a tee for him to smash any 4 on the river (however unlikely). If I'm playing u here, and I have a shit low, I'm gonna smash this river all day when checked to me, thinking there is no way a set can call, and if u do, Im getting half.

As played lead river, fold to a raise, cuz if he can raise, you can't beat his high.
  • kk thanx guys, new game for me, I like the limit variant in 8 game, but pot limit or even NL o8 is a mystery to me

tyty
  • also shows perfectly how much it sucks to be out of position in marginal spots in this game :P
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    also shows perfectly how much it sucks to be out of position in marginal spots in this game :P

heh, yeah defenitly

very fun game I have to admit, wish they ran more mtt's for it tbh
  • I think the c/r raise on the flop is bad. I play for pot control on that flop. If the turn is a blank (a high non-heart) I then try to build the pot.

As played, check the turn and fold the river. Villain likely thinks you have either the nut flush draw or a set on the flop and they beat both now.
  • One way hands in PLO and PLO8 are going to cost you. You are most likely going to get called by hands with big re-draws and you're stuck with what you flopped. Pot control and being able to lay down hands is huge in these games. Being able to read boards and opponent's hands are two skills you need to play these games.