GSP Joins 888, thoughts?

Surprised nobody has posted about this yet, or maybe I just missed it.

UFC Champion Georges St-Pierre Joins Team 888; Will Play 2012 WSOP Main Event | PokerNews

Intesting discussion on PokerEH about what thé everyday grinder hoping to be someday patched might think?

GSP has only been playing à few weeks and will be playing WSOP Main.

Tyler Bonkowski is giving him coaching by thé looks of things and Georges is In Montréal right now for 888/Playground Poker SuperStack, but was KOed quickly.

What do you think of this marketing approach? Obviously à huge name and most likely coming at à premium, anyone care to venture an opinion as to thé effectiveness or goal of this play?

Comments

• I think it's a good idea to possibly make some of the non poker playing UFC fans take another look at trying online poker. Especially if they have promotions where you have a chance to meet GSP. It's the same to me as Playnow signing Roberto Luongo to try and get your average hockey fan in BC to give poker a go. They also run promotions for charity tournament seats and chances to meet Roberto. I'm not really sure if the amount they pay out to get these guys will really make the increase in traffic to the site worth it. Luongo must have been big bucks and GSP I can't even imagine.
  • IF GSP puts the same dedication to poker as he does to MMA, I am willing to bet he is a +ev player by year's end. Mentally, he is untouchable in his field . . .
  • i'd be scared to put a bad beat on him.
  • Definitely the toughest online poker squad now exists at 888.

As Milo said, this guy's mind is rock solid. if he can handle the math he will be a decent player before the injury heals.

finally someone with a tougher stare than Ivey. Ivey will just take your money, GSP will take your arm off.