G Smith gets just slammed on WSOP.com

WSOP NEWS: NEWS FLASH GAVIN SMITH MAKES MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT

Written yesterday. Now going back to the other CPT fail thread and Trop...

Comments

• LOL

Ouch!
  • The former golf course greenskeeper from the Canadian wasteland
    of Guelph? wtf...
  • lmao thats awesome

G smith has about as much personality as a dry sponge
  • I dunno, he was pretty wet at the table I saw him at in the 2008 BCPC. Pretty sure he fell asleep a couple of times.
  • HE was at the very first Poker Expo, and looked bombed on Day 1 . . .
  • I gave him a ride from Deerfoot to Grey Eagle. We talked for the hour drive. Knew my last name the whole week of COPC. Few months later, he didn't have a clue who I was. Always appreciate that in a person.

This article intrigues me and I wonder if it will get pulled. He does have a ton of friends and party guys are always popular.

Strange that WSOP.com would roast a bracelet winner.

Poker world is pulling no punches these days
  • lol, live tournament pros are mostly busto...funny cuz its true
  • Lol The credit manager has also been put on alert!
  • The weird article may have been an attempt as a joke publicity stunt for the Harrah's Rincon event. The writer is listed as non-existent Nolan Dallavalle instead of the usual Nolan Dalla.
    jontm wrote: »
    This article intrigues me and I wonder if it will get pulled. He does have a ton of friends and party guys are always popular.

Strange that WSOP.com would roast a bracelet winner.

Poker world is pulling no punches these days
  • I like that they are giving a true picture of busto "pros", but it seems unfair to single-out GS. Didn't read the whole thing, but I hope they mentioned that being busto is a common thing and didn't just focus on him being a degen. He doesn't seem to be a super douche or anything, just an alcoholic gambloor.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    The weird article may have been an attempt as a joke publicity stunt for the Harrah's Rincon event. The writer is listed as non-existent Nolan Dallavalle instead of the usual Nolan Dalla.

Noticed that too. If it is a publicity stunt they really did a good job of using IRL to pull it off. How is one to distinguish? especially with all the outing going on these days.
  • C'mon guys, lighten up. This was meant as a joke, pure and simple.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    C'mon guys, lighten up. This was meant as a joke, pure and simple.

That's what I get for reading the first few sentences
  • costanza wrote: »

I was just going to post but he was the best PAD appearance when he beat ivey heads up loaded.