What would you do?

18 man sitngo, made final table , no real reads on the big stacks. What would be the best line to take here and why?
PokerStars Hand #75834158579: Tournament #519228144, $1.29+$0.21 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2012/02/18 21:18:08 ET
Table '519228144 2' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: nosregsurf (2288 in chips)
Seat 2: Zausel1512 (3090 in chips)
Seat 3: SteelPitt (1820 in chips)
Seat 4: El pibe maño (1580 in chips)
Seat 5: karel278 (3495 in chips)
Seat 6: albert166 (2415 in chips)
Seat 7: gargask (5660 in chips)
Seat 8: sfctotal (4972 in chips)
Seat 9: BuTy_LuCk03 (1680 in chips)
albert166: posts small blind 50
gargask: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SteelPitt [Js Jc]
sfctotal: calls 100
BuTy_LuCk03: folds
nosregsurf: raises 500 to 600
Zausel1512 has timed out
Zausel1512: folds
Zausel1512 is sitting out
SteelPitt:
El pibe maño: folds
karel278: folds
albert166: folds
gargask: folds
sfctotal: calls

Comments

• Ship it in!:)

If ya lose the hand, fire up another game.;)
  • Pays 4 right?

I get it in and hold my nose. That 3 bet to me smells weak in that spot, UTG is coming along to try and catch.

I would guess by the action that you flatted which I am not a fan of. I don't hate a fold but jam would be my move.
  • HM, I agree flatting would be a bad play with more players to act I took the safe play and folded. To win sometimes you have to lay down big hands.Had to laugh when I saw the flop
    *** FLOP *** [2h Jd 2d] figures eh :o
    Worked out ok. Was 4 to 1 chip leader heads up, still lost:( Had my aces cracked when he hit runner runner,:bs: couple of hands later I flop a set, he flopped a boat :D, couple of hands later he rivers a str8, I 'm done:-X
    No offence, but really phil, just ship it, you have to put a little more though into the hand, players , position, stacks, you have play to win phil:)
    Thanks for the input guys.
  • i would ship it too philli
  • Yeah Im shipping it too lol and HM its not a 3 bet as utg limped to its only a 2bet haha
  • Botmac wrote: »
    HM, I agree flatting would be a bad play with more players to act I took the safe play and folded. To win sometimes you have to lay down big hands.Had to laugh when I saw the flop
    *** FLOP *** [2h Jd 2d] figures eh :o
    Worked out ok. Was 4 to 1 chip leader heads up, still lost:( Had my aces cracked when he hit runner runner,:bs: couple of hands later I flop a set, he flopped a boat :D, couple of hands later he rivers a str8, I 'm done:-X
    No offence, but really phil, just ship it, you have to put a little more though into the hand, players , position, stacks, you have play to win phil:)
    Thanks for the input guys.

haha trying to get more talk huh? I do see why you are asking, I considered everything you said with stacks etc etc, that's why I said ship it in. You are still playing for the win by doing this.:)

There are players who will raise that big with the big hands so ya their is a chance of him having a bigger pair, but their is a bigger chance he has like a medium pair or some kind of ace.

For the record you had about 59% equity against this guy's range if you want like a darbday answer.:p

That being said if you think you have a edge and can find good spots still than a fold here is not the worst.:)
  • fold, Seat one had 2,2...

I peeked... :)
  • philliivey wrote: »
    There are players who will raise that big with the big hands so ya their is a chance of him having a bigger pair, but their is a bigger chance he has like a medium pair or some kind of ace.

True, often people raising big are not holding the nuts preflop. They have a hand like 88-99-AQ-AJ et hope to win it Pre-flop. It's a bad play (raising that big) but when it happens you have to know whats going on.

If you had QQ, ther's no questioning you ship it. With JJ ther's now AQ that's coinflipping, you could fold and find a better spot. But at 1$ buy-in I'll never fold there.