Elephant & Crown mold Chip Pron!!

Man, this is it...I'm done buying chips. This one hurt the credit card so much, I almost heard it weep, but it is worth it.

Please welcome the newest member to my Poker Chip Family...Elephant &Crown mold "AJ'S CARD ROOM" poker chips!!!
Feb17AJsCardRoom621.jpg

I first saw these from my European designer who wanted to know if I was interested. A friend of his was trying to sell them, but not having much luck. As you imagine, trying to unload custom labeled chips can be a real hassle, and you'll never get your $$ back. I was interested, but couldn't pull the trigger at the time as I had just received my custom Ching Hill chips and couldn't justify the buy
Feb17AJsCardRoom622.jpg

Then about two weeks ago, our Chip Overlord Moose sent me a PM from chiptalk with the exact same chips, but reduced price. I was originally only looking for a single cash set, but the seller just wanted to unload and offered me a price for the entire lot I simply couldn't say no too.
Feb17AJsCardRoom623.jpg

In total, I got over 2400 chips, at less than half price of their value!! Two cash sets, and one tournament set.
Feb17AJsCardRoom624.jpg
Feb17AJsCardRoom625.jpg
Feb17AJsCardRoom626.jpg
Feb17AJsCardRoom627.jpg
Feb17AJsCardRoom628.jpg
Never played with a $2 chip before...might be my Limit Set
Feb17AJsCardRoom643.jpg
I doubt I'll EVER get this $500 chip in play in a cash game...but nice to know I have it if I ever need it
Feb17AJsCardRoom642.jpg
The tourney set is all 1/4 pie, and the colour combos look fantastic!
Feb17AJsCardRoom634.jpg
Feb17AJsCardRoom635.jpg
Feb17AJsCardRoom636.jpg
I particularly like the 1000 and 5000 chips. Very sharp and bright!
Feb17AJsCardRoom637.jpg
Feb17AJsCardRoom639.jpg
I have one of those lens that Moose has for closeup shots, but I can't figure out how to use them, so these are the best mold pics I can take for now. You can still make out the Elephant and Crown though.
Feb17AJsCardRoom638.jpg
Feb17AJsCardRoom641.jpg

As I said at the top, this will most likely be my last chip purchase for quite some time. I still can't really justify the expense, and the Mrs....well, when she cools down a bit, I think she won't followup with her lawyer. Any more purchases though are definitely out...at least for awhile ^-^

OH, might be posting a sale soon for a couple of sets I already own. Keep watching. (have to calm her down somehow) :)

Comments

• Wow, great chips and sounds like you got a great deal!
  • Very nice, AJ . . . and, if you ever do decide to sell these, I know of a potential buyer on this very Forum. He does not use his middle initial much, if ever. But for these chips, he might make an exception. Cannot wait to see them up close.
  • if you don't mind me asking, how much does it cost to get chips done like that?
  • I am guessing that a comma would show up in the pricing somewhere . . .
  • very nice set!
  • costanza wrote: »
    if you don't mind me asking, how much does it cost to get chips done like that?

pokerchipsonline.com
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    ...the newest member to my Poker Chip Family...Elephant &Crown mold "AJ'S CARD ROOM" poker chips!!!
    Very nice. As for the 5 hundo chip, just get Wetts in to one of his "rebuy" moods.
  • Those are beauts.
  • I think it moved.

Very nice AJ!
  • Shifty wrote: »
    Very nice. As for the 5 hundo chip, just get Wetts in to one of his "rebuy" moods.

hmmmmmm, a cash game with Wetts, Folded, Shopsy, SteveKerr, and Crazykoby?? Definite potential there for using the $500's ^-^
  • If anyone named STEVE from Vancouver is looking for a custom set of ASM Horseheads...I got a line for you. Same deal as the one I got with this buy.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    If anyone named STEVE from Vancouver is looking for a custom set of ASM Horseheads...I got a line for you. Same deal as the one I got with this buy.

I'm not Steve but how much?
  • OP you say your done buying chips? - doubt it! haha very addictive once you start!
  • OP you say your done buying chips? - doubt it! haha very addictive once you start!

No he's saying that his wife is done letting him buy chips.
  • I'm not Steve but how much?
    PM sent. Don't have any more information, but if you're serious, I'll ask for you
    OP you say your done buying chips? - doubt it! haha very addictive once you start!
    Yes, it is very addicting. But I'm the one in control...NOT the chips! Honest!
    JohnnieH wrote: »
    No he's saying that his wife is done letting him buy chips.

QFT!