too weak?

first level so no reads. comments please.

PokerStars - $3.16+$0.34|10/20 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 9 players
UTG+1: 1,500.00
MP: 1,490.00
MP+1: 1,620.00
LP: 1,470.00
CO: 1,470.00
BTN: 1,760.00
SB: 1,060.00
Hero (BB): 1,500.00
UTG: 1,630.00
SB posts SB 10.00
Hero posts BB 20.00
Pre Flop: (30.00) Hero has Qs Ad
5 folds
CO raises to 40.00
BTN calls 40.00
1 fold
Hero calls 20.00
Flop: (130.00, 3 players) Kc Qc Ah
Hero checks
CO bets 65.00
1 fold
Hero calls 65.00
Turn: (260.00, 2 players) 3d
Hero checks
CO bets 135.00
Hero calls 135.00
River: (530.00, 2 players) 6c
Hero checks
CO bets 385.00
Hero ?

Comments

• you can prob bump it up pre, its a sng so we want to be tight and not build big pots with speculative hands but i think vs weak players a weak min open and a weak flat, we can consider aq in the ak qq+ group.

Flatting is ok to i think but i would try to put a bet it on the flop or turn and expect all flush draws and Ax hands to call....anything else will fold but prob would really bet anything anyways....like 87s or pocket 9's is just gonna check this down and not bluff too much

as played call cause your ahead of almost all Ax and two pairs....and i think def put out a river blocking bet that you think will be smaller than this bet you have to call. you can rep the flush a lil so you can fold if he raises
  • Your line screams weakness. I doubt if he has TJ here (1/2 pot bet on flop is weak) or double barrelled a flush draw.

I jam this. You get called by a lot of weaker Aces here and 2pr hands.

If he hit his flush, oh well.
  • yeah, i just hated the way i played this hand from the start.

i think raise pre would have been better although i don't think a call is horrible. maybe check raising flop would have helped define the hand and make it easier to play.

jam river? villain could firing with a weaker ace thinking he has me beat with my incredibly weak line. my preflop call does under-represent my hand strength for sure.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Your line screams weakness. I doubt if he has TJ here (1/2 pot bet on flop is weak) or double barrelled a flush draw.

I jam this. You get called by a lot of weaker Aces here and 2pr hands.

If he hit his flush, oh well.
    this is not crazy at this level but i think that if we jam we rep a flush and fold out a lot of his weaker hands and always get called by mostly hands that beat us
  • is this just a 9 man? if so i like way is played and i just flat river

yes, it's a 9 man sng.

+1

I find it hard to flat the river, knowing that I've put almost 1/2 my stack in there (with the flat).

I know it's only 10/20.
  • folding would be pretty weak and shoving is tough to get called by worse and no better will fold soooo i flat lol
  • thanks for the comments. results in white below:

CO bets 385.00
    Hero calls 385.00
    CO shows 7c Jc (Flush, King High) (Pre 37%, Flop 39%, Turn 25%)
    Hero mucks Qs Ad (Two Pair, Aces and Queens) (Pre 63%, Flop 61%, Turn 75%)
    CO wins 1,300.00

• only option would be to raise the turn as he could have a hand like Axcc that he won't be able to fold. But in this case I don't he folds anyways, prob lost the min.
  • I'd probably raise pre-flop to $120 to get rid of some of the limpers.

I would not check this flop. This is a draw heavy board and we only have two pair. If any scare cards come, we are left with a difficult decision.

Bet 2/3 pot on the flop and on the turn, make them pay to chase. If they catch, good for them, at least you made them make the mistakes in the hand by calling with the wrong odds.

As played you have to just call the river. As stated, if you raise, only hands that beat you will call.
  • Notwithstanding results, I c/r flop and get it in. If I don't c/r flop, I am definitely leading the turn as I don't want to give a free card.

I call river as played.