Think I hate this payout structure...

Sure had I finished top 2, might not have minded, but still think its weird...
Joined a new league; 20 players $40 bi
$35 to pot $5 to league finals after about 27 games, chip stacks based on points

All good so far but...payouts as follows

$405, $195, $65, $35 or roughly 58.5%, 36%, 9.5%, 5%

Thoughts?

Myself I think 45%, 30% 20% 5% is top heavy enough? Or I would ditch 4th and add to top.

3rd after we all finished exchanging stacks for over an hour 3 handed, ended at 5k/10k with 200k in play.

Comments

• Yeah, that's pretty top heavy.

Where is this?
  • For my tournaments, I would use 45%, 25%, 18%, 12%.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Yeah, that's pretty top heavy.

Where is this?

Just a home game in Calgary...like my chances at making some cash here long term though. The wife started playing there first and has done well.

They play a sic $40 min-buy-$200 max $1/$1, pots often hitting $400 or better and $3k-$4k in play at a 9 handed with in 3 hours of tourney start.

I didnt sit as they shut down at 1am and was in tourney till after 12. The only rule is you declare your leaving 1hr before you cash out to "keep it friendly"

More than a few players willing to drop $400-$600 before they are willing to admit it's not their night
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    For my tournaments, I would use 45%, 25%, 18%, 12%.

I never like to go over 50% to top...I like your payouts, perfect IMO.

5 hours of play and flipping 2m back and forth Last hour for $25 profit is kinda shitty.

I offered to hedge 3rd with them and move $35 from second (when we were even and again when buddy had 3 blinds, but they preferred to gamble.

What was also kinda annoying was that there was nothing smaller than a $20 for the payouts, so why use those numbers? In the Ed we worked it out but 3rd $80, 4th $40 would have been much easier.

Course after I busted they quickly made a deal with second getting $245.

Shoved 79 on 537 flop, villain tanked and called with open ended 86... Turn 4. He had about 1bb on me.

Guy just wouldn't die. Was down to a SB 5 handed and 6 times the big stack had him crushed, rivered it every time. Was his night. Was some good poker though, IMO we were shoving on each other 3 handed with just high card post
    flop and everybody seem to have a pretty good feel of opponents.