New Tourney Set . . .

is on the way. I bought 1,020 Private Cardroom solids (China Clays), plus some extras for just under $0.30 per chip. Chips look to be in great shape, but obv. will have to wait until delivery to confirm. Breakdown is as follows:

240 x T25 (green)
240 x T100 (black)
200 x T500 (purple)
200 x T1000 (orange)
100 x T5000 (grey)
40 x T25000 (chocolate)

Works out well for 12/12/7/5 starting stacks on a 10k tourney. Bonus material includes a couple of Dealer buttons, ~20 spare chips (at least 2 of each, but no extra 25k chips).

All in was just over $300.00 including shipping. now I just have to wait for them to make the ~800km trip from MD to my home.

Comments

• Nice Set, Milo!! Great price too. Pics upon arrival please
  • Pics, HELL . . . you'll be riffling them within a few weeks of arrival.
  • From my PMs . . .
  • and the 25k
  • Those look nice.
  • Something is in St Laurent, QC, for me. Might be here by Friday.
  • Just got my chips . . . now I need to get myself another birdcage. :)

Oh, and I have a sample set for you, AJ.
  • Solids...nice.
  • Very . . . looks like the previous owner oiled them. The hundos have an almost obsidian quality to them very shiny, and very black.
  • I'm super jealous, sick set!
  • Where is the best place to buy a tourney set in southern ontario?

Id prefer to check them out in person before I buy online if at all possible.

Also, can any of you guys recommend the amount of chips I would need for a full ring table? (mine is 8 player table)

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, id really like to start hosting a game with my friends and I would love to pick up a really nice chip set, I just dont know much about them

thanks
  • costanza wrote: »
    Where is the best place to buy a tourney set in southern ontario?

Id prefer to check them out in person before I buy online if at all possible.

Also, can any of you guys recommend the amount of chips I would need for a full ring table? (mine is 8 player table)

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, id really like to start hosting a game with my friends and I would love to pick up a really nice chip set, I just dont know much about them

thanks

Go to Chiptalk.net. all the info you seek is found there....if you're looking for how many chips you need it depends on if you host tourneys or cash games. If you have 8 guys and only run a tourney you can get away with 300 chips but you will find a 500 chip set is more than enough for most of your needs cash or tourney. I'd head over to homepokertourney.com and check out the "Chips needed" section. Lots more answers.
  • Buy samples first.

For a cash set you can get away with 400 chips.

Bare min for a .25/.50 nl game, 8 handed, $50 max starting stacks

8 * $.25 = 64 chips
    18 * $1 = 144
    6 * $5 = 48
    total = 256 chips for the starting stacks

You need rebuys so bump the numbers to
    72 $.25
    160 $1
    200 $5
    68 $25
    = 400 chips

Total bank: $2878

You can adjust the quantities of the .25, $1, $5, $25 up or down for a bigger or smaller bank, depending on what you would likely need but this is a good general purpose breakdown.
  • moose wrote: »
    Buy samples first.

For a cash set you can get away with 400 chips.

Bare min for a .25/.50 nl game, 8 handed, $50 max starting stacks

8 * $.25 = 64 chips
    18 * $1 = 144
    6 * $5 = 48
    total = 256 chips for the starting stacks

You need rebuys so bump the numbers to
    72 $.25
    160 $1
    200 $5
    68 $25
    = 400 chips

Total bank: $2878

You can adjust the quantities of the .25, $1, $5, $25 up or down for a bigger or smaller bank, depending on what you would likely need but this is a good general purpose breakdown.

thats just what i was looking for thanks alot moose. What do you mean by buying samples? Is that when I purchase some to see if I like them? Is that pretty common?

thank you too 8000
  • Yes spend a few bucks. Better than being disappointed. You could also start a new thread and post what you are thinking of and we can give opinions. If you are in the KW area I have samples of almost everything.
  • moose wrote: »
    Yes spend a few bucks. Better than being disappointed. You could also start a new thread and post what you are thinking of and we can give opinions. If you are in the KW area I have SETS of almost everything.

Edited for clarity.