Heads Up, 2 of Three or A Side B side Double Elimination

So talking to a friend who loves the 5k Heads Up poker events.

COPC has usually been able to get 64ish players PCA and LAPC took their lead and added a $5000 64 max.

COPC is best 2 of 3, same with PCA.

At LAPC, He was a fan of the single elimination A side, but having a shot to advance back in on B side. A side gets the money on a straighter line but doesn't have to play a tough opponent twice, unless he makes back to him or her on the B side, in which case he has the B side winner has to beat the A side winner twice for the win.

2 of 3 takes out some of the luck factor too, but makes it tough if you draw a really difficult opponent early... thoughts?

Comments

• Personally, I would prefer 2/3.
    As you said, it reduces the luck factor.
    If you're in a 5k tournament, chances are you should be talented enough to be there, and if you're not then don't waste your money.
    Sure, drawing a tough opponent round 1 wouldn't be ideal, but again, you should be confident in your game if you're playing these stakes.
    That being said, any factor that reduces luck in poker is a huge win in my books, so I will gladly choose 2/3 over double elim.
  • Thanks for reply. Was recently looking at LAPC XX schedule and they have changed to a 32 max 2/3 format for their Heads Up this year.