Royal Cup Trip Reports

So, I'll start the ball rolling . . .

Got to the venue early to help set-up. Met Al, while looking for parking. Jeff was stringing cable to steal, er . . . borrow an internet signal, while g2 was noodling with the spread sheets. Got down to setting up tables as more volunteers and Captains began to arrive. Find out that Wetts is having car issues, and make the obligatory offer to go pick him up. Cannot win the race if your horse isn't in the chute, after all. Wetts is a balla, though and grabs car service to the event. Life is good, victory is assured.

Flipaments. Finally got in on this deal. Total chaos, especially with Mario in on the action. He might actually be louder than I can be, but that is for another day. Finished the first round ahead, but not as much as Mario, and decided to keep my winnings safe.

Event 1: STUD
Sit down at the table and recognize a couple of faces from last Royal, and begin the carnage. Two to my left is a gentleman named Bill, henfeorth to be known as "Bring in" Bill, as this poor bastard had the BI for approx. 75%+ of the hands played during this SnG. Unbelievable the hit his stack took as a result. Nothing much going on until I get a set of 7's against what was pretty obviously a set of 8's at the far end of the table. I filled, Trevor didn't and I was suddenly a lot healthier. After that, well, to say that I hit the deck hard would be a slight understatement. The horseshoe was firmly embedded, and it was only a matter of time until I took it down. Sometimes it IS better to be lucky than good.

Event 2: LHE
Normal service is resumed and yours truly is first to hit the rail. Only upside is that I got to observe Kristy WIN her SnG. I am sure she will now completely change her attitude towards Limit poker in all it's forms, start eating meat, and maybe even vote Republican in 2012. Yeah, right . . .

Event 3: NLHE
What? Weren't you paying attention? I said normal service resumed. Ditto for the NLHE event, as I did not believe Kristy when she shoved top pair into my 2nd pair, and so I was on the sidelines early, looking for a Timmies to set my mind right. Or, at least, over caffeinate my brain and shake things up a bit.

Event4: HU
Okay, this is more like it. I am undefeated in the HU portion of Royal Cup. Okay, I've only played one previous Royal, but don't interrupt. Playing a lovely Toronto girl named Alli, and things are going smoothly. Chit chat is fun, we are smiling and joking with each other, and I am slowly stealing more and more of her chips. My evil plan is working to perfection. It is then that I find out that Wetts not only matched my futility in the NLHE SnG, but also lost his HU match. Ruh roh . . . Time to stop flirting and start getting serious, says DataMn. No problem boss, I have a 3:1 chip lead right now. Make that had . . . I do not do well with serious poker, apparently. I managed to reverse my chip lead quite quickly, to the point of being <M4. But then I remembered those horseshoes . . . AQ shoves into A10, double up. AJ doubles up over J9 suited, and I am back in the driver's seat. After that, it was only about 4-5 more hands before I managed to take the points.

Smaller venue this year, but far more food selections available, if not necessarily on site. Some new faces, some old faces, some familar faces, all contributing to a fantastic day of poker. In short, if you cannot have fun at a Royal Cup, you may need psychiatric assistance. fortunately, I am told the Dr. is seeing patients today.

Cannot wait for RC X. Just hope I can weasel my way back into the squad.

Comments

• A real SHORT One

2:45 am. With all of the changes in the last 2 days prior to Sat. I had to check to see if anyone had cancelled on me. Phew No Messages.

Back to sleep for a couple of hours.
    The drive up to Milton was adventurous to say the least. You could not see the traffic lights at the intersections until you were right there.
    I figured I could slip in unoticed by the Gestapo since I deserted and I know they are watching me.
    Running bad to say the least after playing in RC 8 this is one day of Poker I look forward to the most.

7 card Stud. Running good and getting hands I built a nice Stack but the donkey reappeared on My shoulder, BASTARD and I finished 3rd.

Limit- Sat with Christy, Hellmuth, Pudge. etc What a Phuking Nightmare this turned out to be. I changed to my old style of aggressive as I was hitting hands building a stack that was supposed to see me through the dark valley that usually comes part way through my Journey.
    Eyore appeared on my shoulder once again end result 5th .
    Had Pudge crushed after the flop only to have him go runner runner to hit is flush. OH WELL FM

NL Captains Table. Same thing. Dummy Call trying to take Waltsfriend off the table. Holding 9-9 in my hand Flop Q-J-8 . WF Shoves AJ thinks for a bit and folds. I think long and hard and end up calling only to run into A-A . sigh. Eyore's Back. Got em in with K-10 Uited after a flop K-sumthin 9 Wolffhound Calls to reveal his K-9 suited.
    THHHHHHHHHHHHPPPPPTTTTTTTTTTTTT Felted again.

Heads Up . I had to play against a ROCK who needed the win to pretty much Guarantee winning MVP.
    After about 40 hands and the chips moving back and forth across the table something amazin happened.
    K-4 Off siut. The Rock Player limps to see the flop.
    Flop K-10-4 all Diamonds. I raise, Rock Player reraises I call . look at that K Clubs comes on the turn. Rock player raise I reraise he calls River no help to Rock . Shame on him for slooooooooow playing the Bullets in a heads up match.
    A couple of hands later. Rock Player limps in again, I get to see a flop with my 7-5 os.
    9-8-3 Flop.
    Checkie Checkie. Turn 6. All in Call it's over. Q-Q Crushed.
    Wooo Hooo Finally won something and maybe wyore will go on a vacation for a little while.
  • TR:

I came, I saw, I conquered.

fin.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    TR:

fin.

i came
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    TR:

fin.

And looked good while doing it..... especially those boots...... :)

Congrats on showing an almost skilled player can beat the donks at limit.

Great day and an apology to my team for my friend not showing. Still trying to track him down......
  • AcidJoe wrote: »

Great day and an apology to my team for my friend not showing. Still trying to track him down......
    Thanks for digging into your pocket for his $50. THAT was class... Hope something really didn't happen to him. Let us know the outcome.
  • AcidJoe wrote: »

I am sending Furio down to speak with him LOL
  • I didn't say this earlier as the Walking Boss was trying to get me to get my ARSE out the door to do something today.
    It's definately not easy to be a captain. AcidJoe earned a lot of points yesterday with me. Thanks Joe.
    leon had to leave for work, Brent, Tom, Phil. Roughed it out and for that I thank you. Brad also. It was an HONOR to have you as teamates. Thanks so much for not saying F$*K IT.
    To the players who suked out on me , Oh well I guess I still like you, But don't do it again lol. And to the Milton Rocks player I spoiled his MVP Run.
    Like I am going to apologize for that. I had to win 1 game.

Just for you AJ .

Now some of you get off yer asses and come play my satellite next Sunday....
  • Milo wrote: »
    So, I'll start the ball rolling . . .

Event 1: STUD
    Sit down at the table and recognize a couple of faces from last Royal, and begin the carnage. Two to my left is a gentleman named Bill, henfeorth to be known as "Bring in" Bill, as this poor bastard had the BI for approx. 75%+ of the hands played during this SnG. Unbelievable the hit his stack took as a result. Nothing much going on until I get a set of 7's against what was pretty obviously a set of 8's at the far end of the table. I filled, Trevor didn't and I was suddenly a lot healthier. After that, well, to say that I hit the deck hard would be a slight understatement. The horseshoe was firmly embedded, and it was only a matter of time until I took it down. Sometimes it IS better to be lucky than good.

No shit. I think I had the bring in 80% of the time. Still finished fourth. got two other wins though in the limit holdem and heads up. Great fun. Last played two years ago for the Rocks in Kitchener. for some reason they didn't want me this year. LOL. Had a great time palying on the Ladies team.
  • Last played two years ago for the Rocks in Kitchener. for some reason they didn't want me this year. LOL. Had a great time palying on the Ladies team.

Hey, I didn't even know you wanted to play.... lol... We have had a lot of players play for the Rocks and do very well, but we can only play 8 at a time. This year we had at least 4 or 5 from outside Milton who contacted me wanting to play for the world famous Rocks but I don't take bribes... Well small ones anyway. :)
  • "I don't take bribes... Well small ones anyway" from above post!!!

Can I have my dues back?

Milton "STB" Slim

I don't hate Brent.....but!

Good time had by all
  • ddmilcan wrote: »
    "I don't take bribes... Well small ones anyway" from above post!!!

Can I have my dues back?

Milton "STB" Slim

I don't hate Brent.....but!

Good time had by all

No refunds! And we needed you and Bob to beat Brent and HVEE, in fact I was counting on my horses for 20 points which would have moved us into the money. Would have also made BigBob MVP..
    Both of your contracts are up for review, probably mine as well as I sure didn't set the world on fire. :)
    It certainly shows what a powerful team we are when we really weren't that far off, with the 3 of us underperforming and Mark, our real stud only getting 4 points in the SNG's. g2, Derrick, schtebs and Chris were ok but barely ok...
    Thank god our ownership is quite benevolent.
  • compuease wrote: »
    No refunds! And we needed you and Bob to beat Brent and HVEE, in fact I was counting on my horses for 20 points which would have moved us into the money. Would have also made BigBob MVP..
    Both of your contracts are up for review, probably mine as well as I sure didn't set the world on fire. :)
    It certainly shows what a powerful team we are when we really weren't that far off, with the 3 of us underperforming and Mark, our real stud only getting 4 points in the SNG's. g2, Derrick, schtebs and Chris were ok but just ok...
    Thank god our ownership is quite a bunch of doddering fools.

Fixed that for ya, Jeff.
    It certainly shows what a powerful team we are when we really weren't that far off, with the 3 of us underperforming and Mark, our real stud only getting 4 points in the SNG's. g2, Derrick, schtebs and Chris were ok but barely ok...
    Thank god our ownership is quite benevolent.
    So you are owned by Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment RIGHT?
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    So you are owned by Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment RIGHT?

I wish... imagine what sort of team we could buy then... :)
    I wish... imagine what sort of team we could buy then... :)

An AHL team?
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    An AHL team?
    Memphis River Rats...