Thanks to every1 who made the 9th edition of the Royal Cup another fantastic success

Well another one is in the books.... Royal Cup IX is over... sniff, sniff. Man I love these. In spite of the money not being life changing they are always competitively played with lots of laughs and hollers... Congrats to Kit Who, who broke the Ching/Rock strangle hold on our beloved cup to play outstanding all day and take it down. And Pinhead (really????) taking down MVP. Did that really happen? Kristy taking down her limit table...?? The world has turned upside down. :)

Results:

Kit Who - 261
Top Set - 237
Centre of the Universe -203
Ching Hill - 196
Fish - 192
Milton Rocks - 191
HBK - 171
Royally Flushed Misfits - 165

Thank you's

to DataMN Al who again took time away from his new twins to run another fantastic tournament.

to all the Captains who despite some last minute tribulations managed to get their teams here on time and relatively intact. I know how difficult it is to get every one committed and still to give their best even when your team is running bad.

to g2 for his fantastic spreadsheet design and for keeping it up to date. Everyone loves to be able to see where they and their team is doing relative to others.

to JohnnieH for running the high hand and MVP draws.

to my own team for working hard even though things just went downhill after a really good opening round.

to those who helped clean up at the end.

aw shucks, just thanks to everyone!

See you at RC X, wherever it is...

Comments

• Oh and AJ, sorry for taking down out HU match and knocking you guys back to the bubble... Certainly not your fault bud, it was your team losing the 2 other HU matches just before us.... They didn't show you much love putting their much loved captain in that position.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Kristy taking down her limit table...?? The world has turned upside down. :)

I'm an enabler.

But yes, huge props to Kristy on an epic win.

128990103428855439.jpg
  • Royal Cup is, without a doubt, the most enjoyable, least profitable poker event available to the regular poker crowd in Southern Ontario. Al, Jeff and g2 do a fantastic job of setting this up. Cannot wait for RCX . . .