who should win here?

You: 44
Him: QK

flop: 596
turn: 9
river: 7

no flush for either players

if QK won...is it possible there's a glitch or bug in the system?:confused:
or is it because 44 is lower than all the cards on the community?

just wondering?:tongue:

Comments

• Is this a trick question?!?! :)

44 should win with that board, assuming no flush for the KQ player. Did this happen to you? If so, which site?
  • Could it be that you misread the board and the board actually showed 2 pair? In that case, KQ would win the hand.

Or were you playing double flop holdem, and the other flop was KKK? ;)

As the hand was stated here, the 44 is the winner.

ScottyZ
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    Could it be that you misread the board and the board actually showed 2 pair? In that case, KQ would win the hand.

ScottyZ
    ok say i did misread the board and the board actually showed 2 pairs
    ex. flop 596
    turn9
    river 6 (instead of 7)

then KQ would win? :confused:

i cant remember and i cant get the hand history :frown:
  • ok say i did misread the board and the board actually showed 2 pairs
    ex. flop 596
    turn9
    river 6 (instead of 7)

then KQ would win? :confused:

Yes. Best 5 card hand made from a combination of hole cards and board cards wins.

KQ has: 9966K
    44 has: 99665

Note that the 44 is actually playing the board. "3 pair" is generally a bad thing in (Texas) holdem.

ScottyZ
  • My best bluffs are when I misread the board. Then again, when I'm at Port Perry and I raise the turn against the calling station expecting to be called, well I got what I wanted. Except when I turned over the A2 of hearts instead of diamonds and realized why I love Internet poker so much more (hint four colour decks!).

Cheers
    Magi
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    Yes. Best 5 card hand made from a combination of hole cards and board cards wins.

KQ has: 9966K
    44 has: 99665

Note that the 44 is actually playing the board. "3 pair" is generally a bad thing in (Texas) holdem.

ScottyZ
    hmmmm i guess maybe the board did show pairs...no way of tellin' now :frown:
  • magithighs wrote:
    My best bluffs are when I misread the board. Then again, when I'm at Port Perry and I raise the turn against the calling station expecting to be called, well I got what I wanted. Except when I turned over the A2 of hearts instead of diamonds and realized why I love Internet poker so much more (hint four colour decks!).

Cheers
    Magi
    or when you misread your hand LOL
    at one point i thought i was suited and had made Ace High Flush
    only to realize my Ace wasnt spades but clubs LOL
    not too funny :tongue:
  • Isn't the term for this scenario called counterfeiting? When a lower pocket pair is beaten by a higher second board pair showing up.
  • Hole cards J 3 Opponent A5

Flop.... J3A

You flop 2 pair YaY

Turn..... 4

Still 2 pair Yay

River....4

OMG my 2 pair have just been counterfieted

I lose booooo
  • magithighs wrote:
    My best bluffs are when I misread the board. Then again, when I'm at Port Perry and I raise the turn against the calling station expecting to be called, well I got what I wanted. Except when I turned over the A2 of hearts instead of diamonds and realized why I love Internet poker so much more (hint four colour decks!).
    One of the nice things about Pacific (if you could name one...), is they tell you what your hand is. This is really handy when your flush draw doesn't pan out and you 'accidentally' hit a straight. Sometimes you get so hung up looking for a specific card, you don't realize you've hit something else. I alway make sure I look at this before I fold, JUST IN CASE :redface:

Do any other sites have this feature?