what would you do here?

18 man sit n go, heads up

Would you reshove 17 bb here, or I had or have a feeling of just shoving 1st? blinds were about to go up in about 2 minutes to 400/800, usual donktard betting big when he had crap and he could have had anything.

I figured to catch this guy I was going to have to "race" and this was about as good as a time

***** Hand History for Game 44375812614 ***** (Poker Stars)
Tourney Hand NL Texas Hold'em - Thursday, May 20, 03:30:01 ET 2010
Table 274815105 2 (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Seat 3: behnur007 ( $16354.00 USD )
Seat 4: PHILLIIVEY1 ( $10646.00 USD )
behnur007 posts ante of [$50.00 USD].
PHILLIIVEY1 posts ante of [$50.00 USD].
PHILLIIVEY1 posts small blind [$300.00 USD].
behnur007 posts big blind [$600.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to PHILLIIVEY1 [ Ac Tc ]
PHILLIIVEY1 raises [$1500.00 USD]
behnur007 raises [$15704.00 USD]

????????

Comments

• Not ever folding here. Your +EV vs. Ax, any pair. It gets wider if you include KQ etc.

Open shoving is game specific, but I doubt its optimal. It folds out alot of hands that are going to shove if you open raise.

I likely 2.5-3x to induce.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Not ever folding here. Your +EV vs. Ax, any pair. It gets wider if you include KQ etc.

Open shoving is game specific, but I doubt its optimal. It folds out alot of hands that are going to shove if you open raise.

I likely 2.5-3x to induce.

perfect! Thanks:)

I will post the rest of the hand, See if there is any more reply's first. :)
  • Maybe a bit more context would help - how long have you been HU? What is your raise %, his 3-bet frequency. With the said, 4-bet getting this all-in won't be the worse play in the world, but I'm definitely not a big fan of the open shove.
  • i would like to see the flop cheaply to see if i can't actually draw the nut. my heads up needs work for sure though.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Maybe a bit more context would help - how long have you been HU? What is your raise %, his 3-bet frequency. With the said, 4-bet getting this all-in won't be the worse play in the world, but I'm definitely not a big fan of the open shove.

my raise % was about 8, his 3 bet % was 18.
  • Here is the rest of the hand, sigh can't win a fucking race to save my life, ace, ten, club does not come,this goes for tonight as well, partly why I am in a bad mood right now:mad:

PHILLIIVEY1 calls [$8796.00 USD]
    behnur007 wins $5708.00 USD
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 9c, Kh, 9h ]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 2c ]
    ** Dealing River ** [ Qd ]
    behnur007 shows [8c, 8d ]
    PHILLIIVEY1 shows [Ac, Tc ]
    behnur007 wins $21292.00 USD from main pot
  • darbday wrote: »
    i would like to see the flop cheaply to see if i can't actually draw the nut. my heads up needs work for sure though.

Not when both of you are <20BB in a SnG...
  • I am happy with the 2nd as I was 6/6 with under 1k in chips and recouped my losing streak to get back to even, just a bad night overall including outside of poker,lol
  • ez shove
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Here is the rest of the hand, sigh can't win a fucking race to save my life, ace, ten, club does not come,this goes for tonight as well, partly why I am in a bad mood right now:mad:

Don't forget the K's are outs too! Also running J's and Q's, which we can count as approx. 1 out. Hope it makes you feel better to miss an 19 outter instead of a 15 outter FTL.
    Good ship though.
  • well, thank god I posted this as the same situation came up today, so remembered what wetts said(westside too!) and it worked out this time, the guy was like a 8-1 chip leader and in like 5 hands I came back and took er down for a 1st! :)
  • fold your hand