Not a bad bubble.

PokerStars Tournament #3915996, No Limit Hold'em
Super Satellite
Buy-In: $3.00
198 players
Total Prize Pool: $1839.00
Target Tournament #3915832 Buy-In: $650.00
2 tickets to the target tournament
Tournament started - 2004/12/18 - 01:00:00 (ET)

Dear DJEP,

You finished the tournament in 3rd place.
A $539.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Comments

• Good job on the finish.

Question - If you play in that tourney and finish 1 or 2 do you have to take the seat or can you take the cash?
  • finally --- one of us hit -- Well I did last week and flamed out on the saturday tourney. Why not try one or two of the 160 double shootouts!

Cheers
    Magi
  • Thanks guys. Believe it or not, I bubbled on purpose. The cash will buy more tourney entries. Came into the final table in last with only 40k. But made it up to 2nd with only 3 left. Made a late decision to tank. It was past 4am. lol
  • Made a late decision to tank so you could add the 3rd place money to your bankroll for more tourney entries?

I'm just a newbie at this but I thought you could cash out your tourney entries won for T$ (or W$), then either sell those or use them for future tourney entries. So you would have had a lot more in your account for tournies if you had gotten second.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Terrific showing. I'd be thrilled with a great return like that!!!
  • Yes you can usually get T dollars or W dollars if you win and then unregister your chip, but they cannot be cashed out, or used in ring games. I just like the flexibility of cash. lol Actually I like everything about cash. :)
  • What are T dollars and W dollars?
  • T dollars are tournament dollars. Usually earned by cashing out a chip into a larger tournament, that you won. It cannot be cashed out for real money, or used in ring games. Must be spent entering other regular tournaments.

W dollars are similar to T's, in that they are usually won in WPT events that pay chips into larger tournaments. If cashed out, they must be spent on entering WPT tournaments. Also not good for real money cashout or rings games.

That's why I like cash. :)
  • FYI, in the future, you can sell your T$ or W$ for 90-95% face value. Just post on RGP and you'll find a buyer. Pokerstars will do the transfer for you, so theres no risk of nonpayment...

Next time, just win the damn tourney ;)
  • We had a guy observing at the table offering to buy a chip for $500. But it was late. I took the $539 for 3rd. I didn't have another hour in me. lol It was 4am. I'd been up since 7am.
  • "Sheeesh, Look at you. One 21 hour session, and you look like shyt!"
  • Well if I look like shyt, it's because I work days for a living and play poker all night. lol And I'll make sure to sit next to Doyle Brunson at the next WPT event, just so I look youthful and rested. lol
  • Well I'm 1 step closer to sitting next to Doyle. And I still have $300 of my winnings left. ;)

PokerStars Tournament #4027540, No Limit Hold'em
    Super Satellite
    Buy-In: $25.00/$2.00
    32 players
    Total Prize Pool: $1925.00
    Target Tournament #4027397 Buy-In: $650.00
    2 tickets to the target tournament

Tournament started - 2004/12/21 - 21:30:00 (ET)

Dear DJEP,

You finished the tournament in 1st place.
    You qualified to play in Tournament #4027397 and are automatically registered
    for it. See Tournament #4027397 Lobby for further details.

If you choose to unregister from this tournament your account will be credited
    with 650.00 W$. W$ can be used to buy into any qualifying special PokerStars
    event.
  • Great job DJP.

When is the qualifier? (Yes, I'm too lazy to look it up) I might try and stop by, and give you some support.

macbb
  • DJP wrote:
    Well I'm 1 step closer to sitting next to Doyle. And I still have $300 of my winnings left. ;)

Tournament started - 2004/12/21 - 21:30:00 (ET)

Dear DJEP,

You finished the tournament in 1st place.

Awesome. Play the the tournament!!!! I won my WSOP entry this way. I think we'll both be in the bahamas in a few weeks. I won the $550 entry to the Sunday tourney yesterday, and I'm using it to enter the Bahamas qualifiers. I can't play on boxing day -- well after last night my family is thinking this is a good gig (pulled in 1k!).

Good luck -- you'll have many folks rooting for you and remember you have a great game.

Magi
  • Thanks guys. The big game is on Christmas Day at 5pm eastern. lol Good timing huh? I've already told the family I'll show up early to visit, but have to leave before the meal. (mental note to self, stock up on takeout food and liquor before Saturday) lmao

Boxing day I'll be making a turkey/stuffing run though. lol

And I'll try to do the forum proud. Hope to see you there magi.

Luck all.
  • ummm.... Will I need a passport to get into the Bahamas, or are they like Mexico? lol
  • DJP wrote:
    ummm.... Will I need a passport to get into the Bahamas, or are they like Mexico? lol

I believe the bahamas are similar to the US. No passport required, just birth certificate & photo ID. If you need a rush passport, go to a travell agent to book your flight. They usually have connections in Ottawa who will "walk" your application through and you can get a passport within a few days.

Cheers
    Magi

P.S. There's no way my wife will let me play. And, my six year old already made me promise I wouldn't play on Christmas day! So, I'm hoping to get the $650 and blow it in the double shootouts and $33 buy. See you at Atlantis!
  • Aww too bad. OK then, Atlantis it is. See you there. lol Thanks for passport info too.