Forum for Tournaments

I would like to see a separate Forum for Tournaments. I have been listing under Ontario - Home Games but they are not "Home Games" The problem is that home games get chatter back and forth (this is good) but it bumps the Tournament announcements down.
Please look at adding an Ontario Tournament Forum.
Perhaps a Tournament Calendar listing Tournaments in Chronological order.
Keep up the great work.

Comments

• Based on your suggestion I have gone ahead and renamed the "Home Games" section to "Local Poker Games". Since the activity in those forums are not extremely high they should be able to accomodate both of these types of events.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Graham
  • Graham wrote: »
    Based on your suggestion I have gone ahead and renamed the "Home Games" section to "Local Poker Games". Since the activity in those forums are not extremely high they should be able to accomodate both of these types of events.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Graham
    Thanks Graham, but as I mentioned the volume is high in that Forum "Ontario" with home game activity. When I post a Tournament, it is not long before the posting is pushed down and out of view, resulting in my having to bump it to keep it actively in view. The other thing that would help would be dividing Ontario into three or four sections, Central, East, West and maybe North.
  • I don't agree with dividing it up any more than it is. If a post isn't getting enough interest to warrant it staying at the top then so be it. Bumping more than once a week shouldn't be allowed. That's my opinion, not sure what others think.
  • compuease wrote: »
    I don't agree with dividing it up any more than it is. If a post isn't getting enough interest to warrant it staying at the top then so be it. Bumping more than once a week shouldn't be allowed. That's my opinion, not sure what others think.

It is not that the post is not getting enough interest, it is that home games get chatter (this is good) like each time somebody says "I'm in". This does not happen with a tournament announcement and with no reply's and it moves down the list out of view. I can just bump it once per week, thanks for your help.
  • Perhaps tournament announcements that do not require people to respond in the thread itself could be stickied, until the date of the tourney has passed. That way they are always at the top of the section.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Perhaps tournament announcements that do not require people to respond in the thread itself could be stickied, until the date of the tourney has passed. That way they are always at the top of the section.

Great suggestion!