Limit is the DEVIL!!

I hate that fn game... will never play it again, ever. I can't stand it.. if I had a gun I would have shot myself.. its a slow death... someone put me out of my misery!!

This is how the game went all night, either:

- pre-flop : call, raise, call

post - flop: bet, raise, call or bet, call, call....

I think we capped once pre-flop in five hours of play. This game is worse than prision time. Hopefully the_game had a more enjoyable experience. I even changed tables hoping that a fresh table of players might be more exciting.

Last hand of the night: KQs on the button; five callers, I raise to $10, they all call (of course and no re-raise); get a king on the flop, everyone checks to me, I bet it all the way down to the river (with no re-raises) and no ability to check raise. Lose to a runner, runner flush.

Comments

• So how much did you lose....
  • compuease wrote: »
    So how much did you lose....

+1 lol
  • Ouch.....sorry I didn't make it in time to see you down there pokerjah.

Look at the other end of the spectrum too...you lose 40 bucks instead of 100-200 trying to push someone off a backdoor flush draw....

In limit you have to take the good with the bad....
  • Ouch.....sorry I didn't make it in time to see you down there pokerjah.

Look at the other end of the spectrum too...you lose 40 bucks instead of 100-200 trying to push someone off a backdoor flush draw....

In limit you have to take the good with the bad....

Doesn't sound like he experienced any of the good.
  • People don't understand Limit

It's NOT NLHE. It's different. Think about what you'd need to get capped pre-flop!! FUCKING MONSTER HANDS held by REALLY aggressive players (i.e., not going to trap or call with AK / AQ / QQ). How often do you even get a three bet pre-flop in NLHE? Not all that often.

Learn the game.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Learn the game.

I think I just needed some more interesting people at my table except for some dried up crusty old men with nothing to say. I definitely don't have the patience for limit. Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Bah

Put me at any table, and I'll make it interesting, they'll love me or hate me, either way, it'll be entertaining.

Mark
  • Sounds like the chip farm has been reseeded. Maybe I'll go again after all.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Last hand of the night: KQs on the button; five callers, I raise to $10, they all call (of course and no re-raise); get a king on the flop, everyone checks to me, I bet it all the way down to the river (with no re-raises) and no ability to check raise. Lose to a runner, runner flush.

I just lost a couple of pots that way myself, pots I know I would have won but buddy got lucky twice on the River.

Poker is a game of chance, and no level of skill can overcome the effect of chance. Over time the better player will win more than he loses however. The next time buddy bets me like crazy with 88 vs my AA he won't catch that River card and get two pair. He'll lose.
  • Licentia wrote: »
    I just lost a couple of pots that way myself, pots I know I would have won but buddy got lucky twice on the River.

Poker is a game of chance, and no level of skill can overcome the effect of chance. Over time the better player will win more than he loses however. The next time buddy bets me like crazy with 88 vs my AA he won't catch that River card and get two pair. He'll lose.

Please explain how that works. ;)
  • Just in case everyone forgot eh?

Apparently the CNE has killed all the underground games in toronto. Couple of kids on my table that knew half the room were talking about how everything had dried up. They just kept betting and raising because they were so board.....really pissed off the older guys.
  • I hear you can lose much more misplaying a hand in 2 5 NL
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I hear you can lose much more misplaying a hand in 2 5 NL

Oh, do tell.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I hear you can lose much more misplaying a hand in 2 5 NL

Really?
  • If limit is the devil, $100 max 1/2 at Seneca is pure hell! Played it yesterday for about an hour until a 2/5 seat opened up.
  • Been there - I'll take $5/$10 Limit any day.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    If limit is the devil, $100 max 1/2 at Seneca is pure hell! Played it yesterday for about an hour until a 2/5 seat opened up.

yeah, 50 deep is pathetic. got stuck there there first time I went to Seneca and got lucky there was a shove monkey who thought he could push everyone off any pot. Once i figured it out made a bit of cash but it wasn't quite that enthralling a game to play.