How often do you put your opponent on quads

So two heads up matches literally IN A ROW. I'm knocked out when my full house is beaten by quads.

The first one I never saw coming, but the second I have a feeling she might have had trip tens then saw the last ten come and figured no way not two in a row..??!!

Sure enough she had quad 10's.

So is this just the bad side of variance? Or do we play enough hands to expect to see quads once or twice a session??

Comments

• Not good enough do to do it ever. The math is too small to compute the odds that someone has flopped quads....

Lost a shitload on monday night in a live 5/10NL game cause I had KK and someone flop quad JJ....oh well..
  • HU and it happened twice must be real rare. So hard to do put them on that HU. I'd file this as a BEAT.
  • Quinner wrote: »
    The first one I never saw coming, but the second I have a feeling she might have had trip tens then saw the last ten come and figured no way not two in a row..??!!

Sure enough she had quad 10's.

wow...twice in a row. That both sucks and blows. What did you have to call with when there's trips on board? I hope a baby boat at least. If you're calling with anything less you need to examine your game a little more.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    wow...twice in a row. That both sucks and blows. What did you have to call with when there's trips on board? I hope a baby boat at least. If you're calling with anything less you need to examine your game a little more.

I can't remember the exact cards but it was similair to KKJ comes down, and I have say AJ, then turn is a blank, and river is another K. Villain moves all in, and I have the highest possible boat, and can only lose to quads. I actually put my opponent on the quads in the second time around, because the play leading up to it made me wary. But I thought, naw...not twice in a row....and shipped it...... sigh......
    KKJ comes down, and I have say AJ, then turn is a blank, and river is another K. Villain moves all in, and I have the highest possible boat, and can only lose to quads
    Untrue.

/g2
  • Have to agree with g2...
    If you thought you had the highest possible boat, might be time to revisit the "poker hand" hand book. If opponent has Kx / QQ / AA ...your dead...making your AJ NOT the highest possible boat.
  • oops...before the "posting police" have a hayday with my previous post...i must clear up the "Kx"...as this is NOT part of the "best boat" hand. Only the QQ / AA.
    There...caught it before the almighty ones tore it to shreds.
  • OPRC wrote: »
    oops...before the "posting police" have a hayday with my previous post...i must clear up the "Kx"...as this is NOT part of the "best boat" hand. Only the QQ / AA.
    There...caught it before the almighty ones tore it to shreds.
    uh, Kx does make a higher boat than your AJ....
  • compuease wrote: »
    uh, Kx does make a higher boat than your AJ....

No, Kx makes quads.
  • DasCoupe wrote: »
    No, Kx makes quads.
    I meant the Kx with the x matching the blank on the turn... lol... This thread is beginning to tilt me and that takes a lot..
  • Move to life tilt then??

And, yes highest possible boat is AA, my mistake, and why it had to spark such a discussion is beyond me.
    Move to life tilt then??

And, yes highest possible boat is AA, my mistake, and why it had to spark such a discussion is beyond me.

Obviously boredom!:)
    Move to life tilt then??

Advice here is very blunt Quinner but usually very good and concise. That got jumped on because you justified your call as "I could only get beat by quads." Although very quick to jump on your thread, the main reason is to show you that you're missing some other hands that you could be beat by in an effort to help you plug the leaks in your game. Knowing that you could be beat by AA, K-rag, QQ could possibly have saved a costly call for you.
  • I fold my full house ALL the time! standard fold! ez fold!!