Pockets trip report

Went to Pockets new reopening tonight to play their $40. tourney with 1K added. 100 players, finished 3rd for $600.
Kind of a turbo tournament but lots of aggressive gamblers.. Loved it, just sit back and pick em off....

Comments

• any cash game action? where is it located (city)?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Went to Pockets new reopening tonight to play their $40. tourney with 1K added. 100 players, finished 3rd for $600.
    Kind of a turbo tournament but lots of aggressive gamblers.. Loved it, just sit back and pick em off....

Nice!
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    any cash game action? where is it located (city)?
    It's just north of the 401, between Dixie and the 410. Lots of cash game action, seems very secure, 1/2 most evenings, 5/5 on Sundays. Rake on 1/2 is 10% up to $10. I didn't play because I went so deep but from what I could see it was quite aggressive, perfect for a real lag... Regular weekly tournaments Saturdays 5pm, $60. and Mondays, $40. I believe the rake on the tournies is 15%.
    I had played this club a year ago or more and found it almost too aggressive for my liking, however now that I have learned to adopt my game to fit, it's great.
    Rake on 1/2 is 10% up to $10.

Ouch, do they add a jackpot, bad beat rake as well?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Ouch, do they add a jackpot, bad beat rake as well?
    Not sure on the bad beat, didn't ask, but isn't that rake pretty typical of clubs?
  • Congrats on the score.....

Most clubs play a LAG gamble style game no matter cash or tourney. Like you said its fun when you adjust....
  • An overraked club game that I avoided for years. Has also been busted multiple times.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    An overraked club game that I avoided for years. Has also been busted multiple times.
    I'm aware he has been shut down more than once, but his security, doors, cameras, etc seem top notch.
    What is a typical rake on club cash and tournaments then? I normally don't play cash in clubs anyhow, but am curious.
  • $7 for 1/2 seems more typical although some clubs also charge 5% up to $10; just a little harder to reach the max.
  • It varies quite a bit -- I played a $5 cap game and it ranges all the way up to 10% no cap in some 5/10 NL games (not shitting you...people play these things). I always tried not to support anything unreasonable which 10% $10 max at 1 2NL is for me.
    aggressive gamblers.. Loved it, just sit back and pick em off
    Yes, those undercover OPP officers are such donkeys! ;)
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Yes, those undercover OPP officers are such donkeys! ;)
    Hey, don't call my fellow officers donkeys... They are fish.... :)
  • Anyone have a contact name/number for this club? If so, please PM me the details. Cheers.