March Madness Tourney Series

Hey Guys,

Wanted to introduce to you the March Madness Tourney Series at my club.

Tourney Schedule is as follows.

March 8th NLHE $50 Buy in. 5000 chips. 20 Min blinds.

March 15th NLHE Heads Up Tournament. Structure to follow

March 22nd NLHE $50 Buy in. 5000 Chips. 20 Min Blinds

March 29 NLHE Deepstack Tourney. $100 Buy in. 10,000 chips. 25 min Blinds.

In addition to payouts for each individual tourney, Points will be awarded for where you finish in the tourney. Player with most accumulated points in the Series will win prizes as well.

Eg. If 20 entrants in tourney and you finsih first you will receive 20 points. If you go out in 19th you will receive 2 points.

1/2 NL to run as well on days of tournaments.

All food and drinks will be provided.

Professional Dealers, chips and tables.

This will be an exciting month of action. Don't miss out.

PM me for more details and to reserve your spot.

Comments

• I will definitely come out and play in these tournaments.

I usually play in their cash games and I can vouch for this club. They are very organized and professional.
  • Well until we have an experienced forum member try this out, judgement will be reserved... however a few questions..

Roughly, what area is your club in?

How much of the buyin for the tournies is going to the prize pool.

Looks like you also have cash games, limits? Rake, etc?
  • I appreciate your reservations, however all I can say is that coming out and playing will probably be the only way to pass judgment on our club.

We keep a safe, friendly and professional environment for our players and our number one priority is our players' enjoyment.

We run 1/2 NL on Thursdays and Sundays every week.

If you would like specific information about the game, please do not hesitate to pm me.

We have already had a few "forumers" come out and their feedback was great.

We are located in the Square One area.
  • I appreciate your reservations, however all I can say is that coming out and playing will probably be the only way to pass judgment on our club.

We keep a safe, friendly and professional environment for our players and our number one priority is our players' enjoyment.

We run 1/2 NL on Thursdays and Sundays every week.

If you would like specific information about the game, please do not hesitate to pm me.

We have already had a few "forumers" come out and their feedback was great.

We are located in the Square One area.
    First of all, we can't PM you as you don't have PM privledges. Email address please?
    Who are the "few forumers" on here that you say have great feedback?
    Most of us on here have played at many undergrounds so have been through this hoop before, rake, security, atmosphere are all very important....
  • I have received several pm's already.
  • I play at this club, I can vouch for them. A good friend of mine is one of the guys who runs this club so I can guarantee that they are on the up and up and completely legit.
    They run a good cash game and they treat their customers well. They also have some fun little incentives like some Jackpots for Quads or better with different payouts if you are using one or both of your whole cards. They also often run freerolls before their cash game starts with the winner getting $100 in chips for the cash game.
    All the dealers are skilled and knowledgeable so I'm sure their tournies are equally good. I'm personally looking forward to them. I've met several of the regulars there and they are pretty good guys who make for a fun and entertaining game. Even if some of them still think that Eva Mendes is hotter than Salma Hayek (clearly nuts). And yes the conversations aren't just about chicks and tits, although it does come up sometimes.
    Granted this seems like a sales pitch... because it kind of is. I've played at several underground clubs and I don't mind speaking up for one when I feel it deserves it. Not too mention the ulterior motive of trying to help a good club thrive for the simple reason that I would like it to be around for a while so I can keep playing there ;)
  • Good enough for me Steve, appreciate the info... I will give their tournies a try at least. Are you playing at the one on Sunday? I had sent Jordan a PM but haven't heard back as yet.
  • Ya it looks like I don't have any plans with the family for Sunday so I'm planning on going. Hopefully I'll see u there.
  • Shtebs wrote: »
    Ya it looks like I don't have any plans with the family for Sunday so I'm planning on going. Hopefully I'll see u there.
    Well, I don't have any contact info at all for Jordan, ie phone #, address, or any further details as to tourney structure.. I guess I'm out unless he gets back to me and answers the basic questions...
  • Hey guys,

Thanks for the nice words. We strive to keep a professional and friendly club for all serious poker players and I'm glad that a few of you feel the same way.

Since we are building up momentum for the Tourney series, we have decided to have the first tournament on March 15. This will allow for a better turnout and 1 more week of getting the word out. More players means a more profitable return for all of you who end up cashing.

I will personally msg each of you that have asked for details in the next couple days.

Look forward to seeing you guys come out soon.