Limit books.

Can anyone recomend a poker strategy book that relates to playing online ?

Comments

• War & Peace
    Gone with the Wind

Great books to read between action. ;)

Limit online books...only one I can say I read that was actually beneficial was Scharf's book, and that was when I first started. Good beginner book. For limit.
  • Get Small Stakes Hold'em by Ed Miller. Read it twice, play 50,000 hands of online poker.

Then get Winning in Tough Hold'em Games by Stox.

But your money would be better spent joining an online training site for a month.

Play and post hands for people to comment on, here or on more strategy oriented sites (and places where limit poker aka real poker isn't mocked with regularity).:)

btw I play limit online regularly and almost exclusively.
  • Big Mike wrote: »
    Get Small Stakes Hold'em by Ed Miller. Read it twice, play 50,000 hands of online poker.

Then get Winning in Tough Hold'em Games by Stox.

But your money would be better spent joining an online training site for a month.

Play and post hands for people to comment on, here or on more strategy oriented sites (and places where limit poker aka real poker isn't mocked with regularity).:)

btw I play limit online regularly and almost exclusively.
    would you reccomend the books by Slansky or tj. coultier ?
  • would you reccomend the books by Slansky or tj. coultier ?

Sklansky books are better.
    Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players is very good.
  • would you reccomend the books by Slansky or tj. coultier ?

No to Cloutier. Yes to Sklansky, Theory of poker in particular.
  • I agree with big mike, definitely pick up theory of poker. It gives examples from different forms of poker, but the theories and concepts cant be put into any form. And its geared towards limit.

The concepts in this book are intended to make you a good player against tough competition. ... While the concepts discussed often apply to all poker games, they relate particularly to limit games.

-the theory of poker, Sklansky, pg 5