Beating the Hyperagressive!

Ive played about 20 heads up games with my friend ive won 11 games, hes won 9. But last week when we were at 15 games i had won 10 and him 5. Just the past few days hes ALWAYS catching the right cards. My friend has no problem pushing his stack in with nothing, which results in him winning alot of small pots from me, then once i get a decent hand im paid off. The problem is though the past 5 games or so ive put him on flush / st8 draws push him all in he calls and catches his card by the river or turn! Or i have him all in before the flop with a better hand and he still catches his cards. Im pretty sure if i keep playing this way it will turn back around and ill be wooping him but damn how much luck can u have?

Comments

• Johnith wrote: »
    Ive played about 20 heads up games with my friend ive won 11 games, hes won 9. But last week when we were at 15 games i had won 10 and him 5. Just the past few days hes ALWAYS catching the right cards. My friend has no problem pushing his stack in with nothing, which results in him winning alot of small pots from me, then once i get a decent hand im paid off. The problem is though the past 5 games or so ive put him on flush / st8 draws push him all in he calls and catches his card by the river or turn! Or i have him all in before the flop with a better hand and he still catches his cards. Im pretty sure if i keep playing this way it will turn back around and ill be wooping him but damn how much luck can u have?

20 games is not a large enough sample size, especially for HU.
    but damn how much luck can u have?
    An infinite amount.

/g2
  • what kind of sample size should you play to see who is really the better heads up player?
  • 30000-50000 games should do it. let us know how you do.
    Im pretty sure if i keep playing this way it will turn back around and ill be wooping him but damn how much luck can u have?

I think in the long run you will win, but luck is gonna go on his side quite a bit when he still has roughly a 30% chance. Keep letting him play like this, and it should pay off eventually.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    30000-50000 games should do it. let us know how you do.

this is way off IMO -- 40,000 - 55,000 is standard
    how much luck can u have?

what religion and zodiac sign is he?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    this is way off IMO -- 40,000 - 55,000 is standard
    "my bad" :)
  • this is way off IMO -- 40,000 - 55,000 is standard

And that would only determine who the best holdem player is. At minimum you'd have to go through all the R.O.S.E and draw games to determine who the best poker player is.
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    And that would only determine who the best holdem player is. At minimum you'd have to go through all the R.O.S.E and draw games to determine who the best poker player is.

You can exlude 5-card draw... A lost art, and anyways, everyone knows Lancey Howard is the best 5-card draw player that ever was!
  • You can exlude 5-card draw... A lost art, and anyways, everyone knows Lancey Howard is the best 5-card draw player that ever was!

don't say that! 5 card draw on pokerstars still lives! granted they only offer like 3-4 MTTs a day, but i'm still making money off of them ;)
  • Tourny HU or cash HU?
    two different game eh
  • he's cottoned on to fold equity... there's quite a bit of logic in counting a few outs on one hand then shoving alot headsup - it isnt often the other player has a real hand he can call all his chips with, and at worst if he does you've always got outs.... Mathematically it aint a bad way to play.

The key is to play him at much higher stakes, if you're playing low stakes he'll be fearless, but if his house was on the line for instance - the guy wouldnt shove with rubbish...